Chapter 36: New Home

AN: You know, I felt so much better when I stopped stressing over the deadline and focus on the story.

Anyway, now that the other characters are gone, we can finally focus on our favorite ship. :>

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Chapter 36: New Home

Third POV

The portal closed and Reaper's sharp glares slowly waned as he loosened his arms around Geno. The first thing he did was check on Geno upon noticing the smaller's lack of will to lift his head. He bent down just low enough to peek at his lover's face and saw tears collecting in his only visible eye.

A pang of guilt struck Reaper's soul knowing he had practically forced Geno to come with him back in Sans' house. He even promised he'll keep the others away just to convince him to come. Reaper did it because he couldn't leave Geno all alone and risk Error finding him.

Unfortunately, the encounter with the mortals went worse than expected and now Reaper partially blames himself for not being able to hold the others back just as he promised.

He planted a kiss on Geno's forehead before muttering, "you did great". A praise for making it through the conflict. Then took Geno's hand in his, taking note of the smaller's still freezing temperature and began leading him through the new environment they were in.

Unlike his original territory, which was a forest of dead trees, the place was full of life. It wasn't exactly Tori, the goddess of Life's territory. This forest, a rainforest to be specific, has been left unkept for thousands of years. Allowing the plants, vines, moss, and all sorts of greens to take over every inch of available space.

It is one of the many unclaimed areas in god's realm and in Reaper's opinion, it was the perfect place to hide Geno. The area was massive, dense and dark with the giant trees of hundreds of years of age stretched out their branches to form a canopy that looms high above them.

Scattered on their path were small but dangerously sharp crystals protruding from the ground, obscured by the leaves and quite hard to notice. It would be bad if they accidentally step on it but Reaper was doing a great job locating them and leading Geno to a safer route while at the same time, keeping track of his deadly magic.

Suppressing it just enough to not kill the life around him. He didn't want to leave a very obvious trail of dead, withered plants that'll lead anyone, especially Error, to their soon-to-be new base.

Ink followed suit, trailing behind Geno, who couldn't help but feel as if the two were closely guarding him. Being in between them and all. It was a little stifling being always under their protection but that may only be his imagination. After all, they only wanted to protect him.

Which only led Geno to feel as if he was being such a burden to them.

Sighing softly, Geno's head bowed in shame. Fixing his gaze on the cluttered ground of dried, fallen leaves and following Reaper's steps.

Reaper, from time to time, would look back behind to check on Geno. His soul aching at the sight of his lover so down and even more so knowing he was unable to ease the other's sorrow. He tried but it didn't work. For the first time -in terms of comforting Geno- Reaper didn't know what to do.

If Reaper could, he wouldn't let Geno associate with those mortals anymore. They were much more of a trouble than for what they're worth. Reaper couldn't care any less if they were Geno's friends, if they caused him this much pain and stress, they aren't worth keeping.