Chapter 12: Worried Friends

AN:

Surprise!

Here's more.

I have more ideas for this story, it's not gonna end that easily.

Okay, here you go

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Chapter 12: Worried Friends

Third POV

Reaper and Geno landed softly on the couch inside the house hugging each other. They stayed like that for a while with Reaper patiently waiting for Geno to maybe fall asleep.

'At least if he's asleep he'll be in peace', Reaper thought as he comfortingly rubbed Geno's back.

He's really worried that Geno might be already beyond his breaking point. So much have happened in just a single day.

Reaper looked out the window and found that it was already dark. They missed lunch and weren't in the mood for dinner. What a bad habit.

"Reaper." Geno called audibly, his voice cracking and trembling.

"Hmm?"

Geno pulled away and Reaper was surprised to see him smiling.

Geno's smile expresses pure relief and exhaustion at the same time.

*sniff* " I did it." Geno began as tears continuously rolled down his face but his smile never waver. "I f-finally avenged my brother."

Realization dawned on Reaper. Geno had turned all his bottled up anger, frustration and other negative emotions towards the Chara of this universe. Geno took revenge.

And seeing that it has a positive effect on Geno made Reaper smile with relief as he replied: "yes. Yes, you did." His shoulders relaxed as the tension left his body.

Geno smiled wider like a child seemingly proud of himself and hugged Reaper affectionately.

Reaper let out a soft chuckle and hug back. "You did a great job", he whispered.

Reaper honestly thought that Geno had finally broken. Pushed beyond limit. But it seems like he was wrong.

Geno didn't break, he broke free from all the grief and misery that always held him down like heavy metal chains.

And now, Geno can finally heal.

"Want something to drink?" The grim reaper asked after a few moments of silence. Geno hesitated for a moment before nodding weakly. He pulled away and let Reaper go.

Reaper stood up and disappeared into the kitchen.

Geno was left alone with his thoughts. He wiped his face clean before leaning against the backrest of the couch and staring down the floor. A ghostly smile adorning his face.

He feels like something heavy was lifted off his chest. It felt great. Relaxed. And his mind was in peace. His soul was calm. Exhausted from the battle but it was overwhelmed with the feeling of... similar to being free.

A gentle hand caressed his cheek and he snapped out of his reverie. He looked up to find Reaper with worried expression.

"You okay?" The grim reaper asked.