Chapter 41: Downhill

AN: One, last week had been hectic, preparing for my brother's wedding and all. Sorry for the lack of activity.

Two, why is everyone so anxious about my fluffy writing?

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Chapter 41: Downhill

Third POV

It was already morning when Geno nodded off, finally succumbing to sleep which he had been feigning for hours in favor of watching that same video. The nearly dead phone, which was still halfway into the video, slipped from his limp fingers and fell onto the soft blanket facing down.

Reaper was with him the entire time. Watching that video too. Although he was more indulged with watching Geno's expressions; his smile, his tears, and the gentle humming once in a while as he sipped the cold beer.

It was definitely the happiest he had seen Geno and it only took a short, less than a minute recording of the other gods and goddesses goofing around. Reaper took a mental note to ask Paps to record more.

One short video was worth hours of distraction for Geno. It should help the smaller keep his mind off of other things.

When Reaper deemed that the smaller was already deep into slumber, he carefully untangled himself and with great care, maneuvered the smaller to be properly lying in bed rather than sitting up and leaning against the headboard.

After tucking the unconscious Geno in bed, the grim reaper collected his phone and cloak before shuffling out the room.

He made his way downstairs to be greeted by a blindingly bright living room, reminding him to put up some curtains on the bare windows.

He'd have to remind Ink but not right now. Not while his phone was one tap away from shutting down and not while he's inside the barrier.

He left the phone to charge and slipped on his weathered cloak. Asgore has officially ended his vacation after being informed of their situation. Geno has been brought back from the mortal world, safe and secured, and Reaper will have to go back to doing his original work.

The good thing was there's a lot less dying souls to reap. According to the king, the sudden dramatic decrease started ever since the defeat of Chara, the corrupted soul.

A proud smile crept its way to Reaper's lips. One of their long-time running problems was solved and ended by none other than the newly born god, Geno.

'Defeat' was an understatement. He demolished her.

Something the other gods and goddesses wasn't able to do for hundreds and thousands of years yet Geno did it in a single one-on-one battle and Chara didn't even stand a chance.

Undyne, the goddess of war, was admittedly impressed. She even went on her way to train, volunteering to take an additional job (Reaper's) on top of her own to push herself to her limit. She wanted- no, determined to be as strong as Geno, too.

Asgore had informed him that the genocides throughout the multiverse have significantly dropped as well, not to mention the wars and everyday crimes, resulting in far less deaths.

Papyrus had also reported that the souls of dead Charas all over had willingly come with him, seeking peace after being under the influence of an ancient demonic being bearing the same name as theirs.