Unfold

'Swarni POV'

My heart aches with every ticking sound of the clock, the house was empty, krish was at Malik's mansion with his grandma and nia still out busy with the preparations for tomorrow. Therefore only the ticking sound of the clock is all i could hear along with the sliding tears from my eyes.

I wiped my tears, remove all the pieces of window glass from the floor.

My head was numb. My feelings went completely to zero. After cleaning out I have decided to take a shower. The emotional struggle was now draining down from my body along with the fresh running water. My body was working on its accords.

Staring at the bathroom wall, my mind was repeating nothing but the last words of ayaan "I am sorry for everything, I hope you will not change anything about you cause you are amazing!!". Those words were nothing but the maze puzzle which has no way out. The loud sigh is what brought me back from my haze which came out of my mouth only.

After the long shower, I get into my pajamas and lied on the bed. The night went by, I heard nia when she was back and arguing with someone on her phone. She also came to check on me but I was too tired to discuss so I chose to pretend to sleep.

I experience the changing color of light in the room which has now lit up with sunlight. I haven't slept a bit. All i was doing was staring at the ceiling. All my senses were taking a pause right now, not wanting to work at all, my eyes were fixed at one point at ceiling, my breath has gone slow, my body was not moving at all and my mind was blank like a slate.

In distance i could still hear my phone ringing for the umpteenth time which was growing under my skin now, in frustration I picked up the phone call  and i was about to smash it on the opposite wall when my sight fall on the name appearing on true caller which says dr. Amar Verma. Now I remember this is Malik's family doctor but what's confusing me was why he is calling me and again just like that my brain started to work again and it was nothing good all my thoughts were roaming around ayan's well being. Last night wound, all his blood on my hand has still not left it's  ugly affect. With an uneasy feeling I have decided to answer the call "Hello, thank god you answered my dear. I was about to send a team for your rescue." A deep elderly voice spoke.

"Hah!! rescue me???" The urgency in his voice was as clear as my mind ( duh!! I meant it was confusing)"What are you talking about Dr.? I am perfectly all right. Why would I need a rescue" A loud sigh of relief was quiet audible from the other side when I hear him again.

I heard him confirm someone my wellbeing  before he spoke again "well Mrs. Malik we need to talk can we meet" him addressing me a ayan's wife was a pinch on my already broken heart. My numb body again felt the crushing punch in the centre of my core again and it was happening quit literally as the uneasiness was still there in the pit of my stomach. But despite that the first thing my brain followed the way back to ayan, the one I signed divorce papers with last night, the one whose arm was bleeding because he wants to see me. These thoughts were not helping me but sending me back to the zone, which I was trying to avoid. "Are you there Ma'am ? Can you hear me?"  His question brought me out of train of bad thoughts and the next thing I spoke has bring me to the realisation that no matter what he does, no matter whoever he would spends the rest of his life my head and heart would always be worried about him. And my voice came out very anxiously " is..I...is aaya... ayan  is okay.. is...alright? He is okay naa?"

" It's actually about you Mrs. Malik." with this response I felt like some heavy load of iron bars has shifted from my chest and I could breath again along with that his answer has confused me even more. I mean yes I was expecting the call from the hospital about the results of my tests but he was not my doctor and he is definitely not a doctor for cancer I guess or is he??.  But to put a fulstop on these ongoing thoughts I have decided to see him. Anyways I have nothing to do today.  This may change this bloody day into some normal day. My only plan was to cry myself to sleep I thought I should just ignore the situation altogether. " Okay I'll meet you in the hospital. Dr.Verma."

" Actually Swarni, it's not something we can discuss in the hospital. I am sending you my driver. Let's see eachother in my other office" with an unsure heart and head I respond in positive and I dragged myself out of the bed. Dressed in first thing I found in my bag and moved out of the building with hearing of a loud horn from a white Ambassador car which has an Indian emblem on it and the small flag which says C.B.I. my throat went dry and my eyes got stuck on that car for almost half a minute. When an huge muscly man in supari suite wearing black Ray-ban aviator sunglasses has appeared in front of me and opened the back door of the same car for me. But my limbs went jam I was dumb struck my neck was moving on its own from that man to the wide open door of his car and then again to that man.

"Jai hind ma'am. I am here to you pick you up on behalf of Amar sir" the cordial greetings created the fuzzy feeling in my chest. I was being reluctant to sit in that car which I had obviously failed to conceal because he spoke again "Don't worry ma'am. You are under the government's protection now. Please sit in the car as our superiors are waiting for you." Building up my confidence I looked into his Ray-Ban covered eyes and asked " May I know exactly where are you taking me?"

"That's confidential ma'am. You will find out once we'll reach there." And his response ignited the curiosity in me for which sakes I brushed all my doubts aside and sat in the back seat and let my thoughts roll along with the rolling car.