Preparation

"Third person POV"

It's Friday night and both ayaan and his wife was having their dinner quietly. Ayaan could not help but notice the deafning has surrounding their house. Swarni was behaving alright but only she knows how pain she is being carrying in herself. She have decided to react normal when one fine evening her husband came into her room to inform her that his love lilly malhotra is back. He seems so happy that she decided to lock her heart and threw away the keys somewhere even she couldn't find it.

Anyways, the everyday routine doesn't change much they together have their breakfast and dinner, he still tells her how his day went and she would listen to him very interestingly. It's just tonight they were both very scared to utter a word, as tomorrow is Saturday which means they are expected to attend a diwali party at swarni's uncle place.
Although ayaan was scared because he is expecting so much to be changed when he will see his love, he has so many questions to ask her but above all he wanted to hug her.

But swarni is scared for altogether different reason, first she don't know what to expect from this situation, second she don't know how well she could handle herself when she will see her husband and her cousin getting back together. She knew how much ayaan was excited and insecure at the same time, this whole week he dragged swarni to different malls to buy a best diwali present for Lilly. He even groomed himself, the guy who never put any effort on his looks was struggling to impress the love of his life, however swarni has tried telling him to calm his nerves down " You don't know her, she is a top model of this century yaar, what if she would not like the way I look. "

"Stop sweating yourself ayaan, people loves what's deep deep under your clothes and not how you look from outside. " She told him while standing outside the men changing room, where ayaan has tried almost half of the clothes present in that showroom. " You would not understand swarni. " He tell her with an insecurity laced voice. " Then I demand your explanation, please make me understand." She was looking at the piles of shirts she was carrying when suddenly the door of changing room opened and ayaan whispered "I am so scared. " And at that moment swarni could see his worries in his naked eyes, how much this girl means to him, despite of feeling jealous she convinced him that he is looking as good as one year back when they got married and  lilly will love him back no matter what. That day she was clear about one thing though 'when you are ugly and someone loves you, you know that they love you for who you are. But beautiful people never know who to trust. '

Back on dinner table swarni noticed that ayaan was playing with his food, " Why are you not eating? "
"Because I am not that much hungry." His answer was so dry and unconvincing. "Anyways don't worry everything will go smoothly I know that. Now relax and eat your dinner. " And somehow ayaan relaxed by hearing his wife telling him this. He somehow believed her.

****

Next day the entire house were in hustle bustle, it seems like diwali party is going to happen in this house only and not in Malhotra residence. Ayaan was up early already had 3 cups of tea and been running around the house instructing every house help to get everything ready by 6 his suit, his shoes, his watch, his cufflinks, perfume and whatever he needs to look good for tonight's party he wanted to make sure his servants should keep those things in his room neatly so that he wouldn't have to run for anything at last minute.

At 7 ayaan was already dressed up in his bandhgala suit of Royal Blue color, along with his diamond cufflinks and rolex he bought with lilly from Dubai. Infact every peace of cloth, shoes, hairstyle, watch even his socks is of lilly choice. He doesn't want to go wrong in any way.

While waiting on the end of the stairs ayaan was keep looking at his expensive watch, he can't believe this girl is taking this much of a time to get ready, no ones gonna look at her. I mean no offense according to ayaan if lilly is going to be in a crowd the center of attraction would be solemnly her. As his endurance is reaching at its end, he saw Swarni defending the stairs, in her Royal Blue saree, with high heels she was reaching to his shoulder, her hair were nesting in messy bun and she has done a minimal amount of makeup which was only visible to ayaan as no one can tell the real color of her lips, those luscious lips which she has covered with devil red color lipstick. She also wore jewelry immaculately designed with intricate kundan or meenakariwork, Rajasthani earrings give a rich royal look, mixed with a hint of tradition and fashion.

Swarni walk passed  him and exit the house and ayaan was walking after her spellbindingly, "Where is max? Are you going to drive ayaan? " She was asking him while setting her sari plates and when she haven't heard his answer, she looked at him and caught him staring at her. The look in his eyes reminded her the day of their wedding, it's the same look maybe more intense. Same as before she started feeling uncomfortable under his gaze, "why are you looking at me like this? "

" You look so bewitching swarni, I feel like I am underdress now. " Swarni's cheeks has turned into crimson on hearing such a high praise coming from someone she has never expected to even notice her existence as a girl.

"Even you cleanup very well ayaan." Swarni murmued while her eyes were digging a hole on the concrete out of the garage area. Ayaan passed a sly smile to her naive wife and bring his car out of the garage, its the answer to swarni's earlier question as ayaan is going to drive them to the party.

Through out the entire ride ayaan's heart is in his throat, he could feel his palms sweating on the driving wheel. The only distraction he was getting from this feeling was sitting on the passengers seat of his car, whom he is been glancing now and then and for split seconds he completely forget that he is ever been scared.

This positive vibes he gets from her always confuses him, but he keeps his mind away from anything that attracts him to his wife, and at this moment when his girlfriend is back, waiting for him in that party he can't afford to spoil it a bit. But why do she has to look so beautiful tonight, what if someone goes after her again he wouldn't be their to protect her everywhere they go. And this thought alone send a deadly chills in his spine. His knuckles turned into white while his hand were clutching the steering wheel real tightly.

Swarni has noticed the change in ayaan's expression and her eyes fallen on his hands on the wheel, " Is everything okay ayaan? " Her polite voice bring ayaan back out of the terror he is being imagining.

"Nothing, I was just saying that you should stick around to my sister in the party, okay. As I would be with Lilly, I don't want you roam there all alone. " On this swarni just nodded, as the turmoil she is being experiencing since the beginning of this week, has only speed up on the mention of being alone.
"Swarni don't just nod, I want you to promise me you will not roam alone in the party, you would not take drinks from the stranger and if anything would happen you will look out for me okay? "
Swarni again just nodded as she was submerged deeply in the self pity.
"Say something GOD DAMMIT!!! " Ayaan shouted at her on which she came out of her daze and looked at her husband, who was being pathetic at showing concern.

"I said okay, ayaan please don't worry about me. I will be out of your way, nia di or no nia di and one more thing I can take care of myself so please don't show this stupid concern at this moment when I know you are too exited to be with your girlfriend and this is all just to show me a pity which I clearly don't want and specifically from you, now concentrate on your driving before you kill both of us. And I really don't want to snatch you away from Lilly....Again. " Swarni's nostrils were fuming, her chest was raising and falling in anger, she has tried to be composed but he couldn't help but snapped at him.

Ayaan on the other hand looked flabbergasted. He keeps his mum and resume his driving but his head was still wrapping around what just thrashed over him.