Ashamed

'Swarni's POV'

"Can you tell me why am I here? It's been 3 hrs since this guy whom I don't know at all brought me here in a C.B.I. car and where is that doctor Amar? He wanted to discuss something important and now I am sitting in this empty room. I know you can hear me from out there.." yes I am shouting because they are pushing me to the edge I've been sitting in this empty room with nothing but a two chairs and a table and a black screened like window. By calculating the surrounding I was clear that this is some interrogation room and maybe I was brought here for the same, but the point is 'WHY'???

I started touching my head now and then because of the increasing ache and i can see the juggle he is playing to find the better comeout of the exact reason why i am here. After some time my eyes started getting heavier however it was impossible for me to shut them with the summersault going on inside my stomach. Suddenly the airtight door got my attention by its vacuum opening sound and there he was standing Dr. Amar, he seems to be in his late 50s although the way he carry himself reflects so much of sophistication. Still the confusion of why the family dr. of Malik's wants to see me alone that too not in any medical environment but in some government investigation office was eating me alive. While thinking about eating my eyes landed on his hands in which he was carrying Petra pack of juice box in one hand and a sandwich in other. I kept my posture straight to show him that I was pissed enough to even look at him. " I am really sorry we had to make you wait. Here eat these, you should eat something in regular hours." He said while he settled in the opposite chair and keeping the food in front of me although I pushed his apologetic goodies to his side of the table "I don't have time for your party doctor. What is that you wanted to discuss with me? Just say it and I will leave. This closed room has suffocating me enough now."

"Swarni you should eat something before you hear this." His elderly voice with a tint of concern and a base of authority has convinced me and with that my empty stomach received the first bite after several hours.

"When I first saw you, you were still very young." He started talking when I was busy chewing my sandwitch however this leads me to ask him " what do you mean so young?" He didn't answered and kept himself busy with the set of files. He was wasting my time by not answering he was annoying me even more by every passing second, so I continued " Well I am not that young now, girls these days has done half of the things I've done or seen half of what I've been through. So you better start speaking Dr. Because I need to be somewhere else." well now maybe this made him understand that I am annoyed, frustrated and angry at the same time.

"I am sorry swarni for making you wait so long." The tone of this sentence was holding so much depth which was making me bite my nails. He was giving me the feeling that whatever he is about to say is not going to be a very good news. As if he was apologizing not just for my time but for something I have lost. " So say it already. NOW!!"

_____________________________________________

"Ayaan's POV"

" Sir, only your tie has left to be fixed, you are ready to rock this party. Oh my God! this velvet tux is looking fabulous, yeah only your bandage was getting into my way but there is nothing in the world i can't fix." the chirpy voice of this male designer who was obviously more excited then me was making me puke on all his dream slash hard work. I was getting ready in the penthouse above our office. The designer and the stylist did a good job though, there is no sign visible of my deep cut on my arm but unfortunately nobody can fix the deep cut under my chest.

Last night after what Jay revealed it is impossible for me to look into my own eyes even if I am wearing the most expensive tux i feel like i am standing bare body and my own eyes my own conscious is making fun of me which making me ashamed of myself. Ashamed of ruining swarni's life, ashamed of calling myself her husband, ashamed of saying that I love her the most when she deserves someone hundred times or maybe two hundred times better than me, me who was proud of his status his money, the money of which was actually made up of a pile of corpse created by my own blood, my own father.

It was almost time when Mrs. Sharma came running into the room and handed me the speech in which I have to thank my father for handing me over his lineage which was absolute lie it was my grandfather who trusted me over my father to take care of his company. There is no doubt this speech has gone under my father's review as he has built up his image as some mahatma, the kindest and selfless person on this earth... huh!! this was doing nothing but increasing the boiling point of my rage for him.

" Sir the C.E.O. position is going to be yours now. You have worked so hard for this. Congratulations!!..." She said and I beg to differ. Without acknowledging her complements I stepped into an elevator and went down to the venue of today's party. Everyone speaking accent English, drinking expensive wine, dancing slowly on the floor and waiting for me and lilly to exchange the rings. But what about the ring I was still wearing in my left hand, which still feels the perfect fit, which feels like home.

I went to the stage setup decorated delicately with imported flowers specifically with lilies which made me look away, it's ironic how i loathe even the idea of being near to this flower now which i used to love madly. Still, I've settled myself into the decorated love sofa for the announced couple and my lower limb from my heel to my bended knee was moving up and down in continuous rhythm showing the signs of anxiety, my eyes were searching for something or rather someone who can calm my nerves down. Damn girl!! Why did you have to become the source of peace in my life.

In the background a faded voice was making an announcements and my mind was every where but on her. "Ladies and gentlemen please give a big round of applause to our boss, the best employer and who has became the support system of this firm and as his father has been calling him the ray of hope for this company to make it the number one and to bring it to the top of the world economy.
Here i proudly present Mr. Harsh Malik to shower us with his great personality and bless us with some kind words... Ladies and gentlemen our current boss Mr. Harsh Malik, sir!!!"

Proud huh, more like ashamed. I am ashamed of being his son, son of a.....

______________________________________________

Hey guys,

Many many apologies for this very long break. This past year was very hard for us and it was difficult for me to write a single word. Thank you for understanding in advance..