Belly laughs

Image:Krish Malik

"Swarni POV"

My head was feeling very heavy and so was my body, it feels like someone has dropped me under piles of 50 quilts. My bladder were bursting, for which I wanted to rush to the toilet but at the same time my body was unable to move. Something heavy was holding me back to get up. I slowly opened my eyes adjusted my sight under the sunlight reaching into the room from the large glass doors joined with the huge deck in my room. I looked at the source of my bondage and what I saw has sucked all the air out of my lungs.

My husband ayaan was sleeping peacefully, his hand was wrapped around my waist. I chose to not wake him up. Instead I tried to loose myself from his hold. In the process of lifting his hand off me his eyes suddenly opened. He raised up from my side and looked at me with eyes filled with concern and regret.

Than he raised his hand into the air and said " I didn't even touched you, I did nothing. You had a high fever I came here to check when you held me so I thought to sit little longer. However I didn't realised when I fell asleep. " He was blabbering which was so silly by the way. It was me who usually reacts like that. I chose to ignore him and went to the issue which is needed to be done before anything peeing. When I came back from the washroom he was still standing there in the middle of my room and gave me a box which has my medicine.

Suddenly a noise erupt from my stomach and I was looking everywhere but him. He got my point and left my room.

After 5 minutes laxmi emerged into my room holding a tray full of breakfast. She kept the tray on the coffee table and crushed me in a tight hug. That was a lovely feeling that someone really do care for you. She looked at me and asked to finish the breakfast before taking the medicine in a very stern and motherly tone on which I smiled I at her.

I wish she knew I don't want to eat, I wish she would have given me a poison instead of food. A tear ran down my cheek without any ultimatum. She held my hand and help me sit on my bed.

"You are a one strong woman I have ever encountered in this household. You are not artificial like others. You don't need to prove yourself to anyone my girl. Just be happy and original. Stand for what is right for you. Don't starve yourself to death" I smiled at her advice, so she knew what's going into my head.

"Dieing is easy beta, living with someone who needs you more than anyone is more difficult"on that I replied dryly " Who needs me anyways"

"Ayaan sir" On that I tied my lips, I know she isn't right but I've decided to end the conversation. She took a note of that and bring the breakfast into my bed. That's not all she even fed. It happened 8 years back when my mum was alive and I used to eat through her hands. Her memories brings a smile on my face.

After feeding me she collected all the dishes off the bed and ready to leave me to take rest when she reminded me about my medicine and told me to smile more often.

___________________________________________

"Ayaan POV"

It's been 2 weeks since I've left swarni's room with the strange feeling in the bottom of my stomach. After so long I have slept like a log. Since the disappearance of lilly, it was hard for me to sleep without alcohol. There is no update about her I sighed and looked out of the office window. Wherever you are I just hope you are okay.

My work schedule was back to day in day out. It's 4 in the evening when I thought to wrap up early and go home. Swarni is getting better day by day, every single morning when it's still dark I check on  her by sneaking into her room, don't judge me I have to when she doesn't want to come out of her room I had to.

On entering my home I heard a laughter, a good belly laughter of some girl, to find out the source of that melodious sound of laugh I climbed the stairs and stopped at the frame of swarni's door which was partially opened, from where I could only see her laughing. I took a deep breath of satisfaction, hearing her cry every single night was like a knife to my chest. For the past two weeks I know for the fact that I am strongly concerned about this girl.

Holy cow this girl knows how to laugh "she does. " I startled from the voice coming from behind me. It belongs to my mother standing behind me, she opened the door completely which reveals swarni playing with my nephew krish and stood right next to me. She leaned on my shoulder while saying with a smile "she has a laughter like some kid"and I couldn't agree less.

"Hi mum, you never told me you were coming" I asked her while wrapping an arm around her. " I didn't know I need an invitation to visit my own son and daughter in law, and if I haven't been came on my own I would have never know that she was sick." Her every word was dipped with sarcasm and anger. "Why didn't you informed us ayaan? She needed us. " She was asking an absolute simple question but the answer to which is very complicated"look mum I had to resist myself to go to your place and slapped my own father on his face, telling you guys would be bringing you here and he would have come too which I don't wanted at that time. "

"But you could have called me, I know what a rascal your father is but I wanted swarni to believe that she got me and nia by her side. " She told me in a hush voice.

"I am sorry mum okay, I know that you care for her but please cut this out now. Look at krish he is having so much fun with her" Swarni was swirling him in her arms and he was laughing with his 2 years tooth which brings a smile on face as well.

"Snacks are ready" My mum shouted on which my wife's attention finally fallen on me, her eyes widen with shock, she put down krish and he ran to me and buckled his small arms around my legs as always. I picked him up and took him to the dining table which was et up with so many snacks made by my mum.

My mum came down with swarni, she took the seat on the head of the table and swarni has to sit right in front of me, krish jumped down from his seat next to me and grabbed a chair next to swarni. "That's not fair dude. " I folded my arms on my chest and pouted, showing him fake anger on which he replied very sweetly "mami is new in here na, she...shee..she needs me more than you mamu". I smiled at his genuineness. It seems like he is really fond of her. Even she smiles frequently around him, suddenly I felt jealous of 2 years old.

" Why didn't nia came? " I started a conversation to break the awful silence and my interest from the smiling girl sitting in front of me, her smile never left her face since she started feeding krish his snacks while listing to his kidish stories.

"She have an assignment of some celeb who is going to wear her design on red carpet this weekend"  And the conversation ended there only which agian brings my concentration back to my smiling wife.

Ohh that smile....