Left over

"Ayaan POV"

I always failed to understand this girl, when her expressions were telling me that she don't give a damn, next thing she does was coming down stairs and my sick father has actually got a balls to insult her again but I am no less of a bastard than him. I was unable to utter a word in her favour. It was no surprise though she took my father's order easily and went into the kitchen.

Not a single word I heard after that, I was nodding here and there but my complete focus went into the kitchen along with swarni. I kept looking at the door all worried,
I was scared is an understatement, I was terrified while lilly was inside the kitchen with my wife. I know that lilly would not do something stupid, but my guts were indicating me that something bad would happen.

After few minutes swarni came running out of the kitchen and going up stairs, her palm was covering her mouth and her face was as pale as ashes I chose to run after her "swarni what happened? " I shouted but just got silence in reply. Then she entered her room and completely locked me out of her room.

Her health has always been my priority and my wife has a tendency of getting sick very frequently, my wife huh still calling her that why❓ don't ask me why. Deep down I know I don't deserve her. Every single word she said yesterday was true, and i also know how desperately she wants her life back. But my desperation for her is also undeniable.

I took my steps down to ask Lilly what exactly happened but i found she has already left which enhance my suspicions even more.

"Stop running after that low class bitch, son. " My head again hung low on my dad's words but again I took a glance at Lilly's father and found strange emotion running into his eyes, as if he was feeling as disgusted as me with all this bullshit. And when he caught me staring at him he immediately changed his expression. But that hint of guilt in eyes were matching somewhat mine.

"You should stop calling her names this instant dad" I finally snapped at him in anger "why do you hate her so much dad, what has she even done to you? That girl never raised her voice against you, she has saved our sorry ass for nothing in return still you mistreat her, why?.. "

"Stop it!!! Stop it!! Before I loose control of my hand on you. That girl is a disgrace to our family" He splatter every word in fume. "Dad she did nothing to disgrace us, what are you talking about? " I asked him with a great annoyance "I knew her parents, her mother was as much of a whore as her daughter. Under the mask of respect and high dignity she was a greedy gold digger inside, that's why she chose her father. They said it was for love but I knew it was for money. I know their type ayaan you don't fall for the drama she is playing. " No way that can be possible ,i can't believe that I was hearing a jealous monologue of my father, he hates her because of her mother but why? Why didn't he mentioned it earlier when I was begging him to not to marry me off with her. This is all so confusing.

"Harsh, we should leave now. Let's give the boy some room to breath. He will decide what's best for all of us." Yash malhotra dabbing his hand on my father's shoulder and locked his eyes with me "right my son? " He was looking at me as if giving me some sort of hidden message through it.

"Fuck the time, yash he has no other choice. This merger is needs to be done and beside that girl can no longer stay here." He answer his friend and than look at me again while warning me "i am sending the papers within 2 days ayaan, the divorce papers you should sign them by the day of the proclamation day of C.E.O. post. If you failed me boy, you know I am capable of removing that girl out of your life completely and forever". That warning has given me chills to my bones, I know what he is capable of. His connections with mafia has never hidden from me. I knew his dirty business, in fact few of the deals has been done in my presence. I looked at him directly into his eyes and can tell he ain't bluffing I just nod in his response and been pushed by him walking out of the place.

While leaving, yash malhotra tapped his palm on my shoulder and gave it a light encouraging squeeze. I couldn't miss the sympathetic smile plastered on his face.

Both my hands went into my hair to pull them hard. What will I do with this left over of confusion and fear.

________________________________________

"Swarni POV"

This is the second time since this morning I was getting sick, I shouldn't have drenched myself last night in that horrible rain. I was standing against the sink looking at myself in the mirror hung above it. My head is feeling light and skin seems realy pale. I started touching my face feeling the changes on it, slowly my fingers started running down to my forearm and suddenly it got into a contact with the scratches on my arm which caused the wincing sound from my mouth. Suddenly every bit of her words started rushing back, the way she was telling me to back off. Poor girl she doesn't even know that i have no intention of getting into her way. I never thought about it, my motto was to get my life back and want to feel normal again and wanted everything to just get over.

I applied an ointment on the scratch given by her monstrous nails fixed my face and decided to move back into the kitchen to complete cooking the batch of chicken stew I left on the burner. But when I emerged into the living area I found everybody has already left and ayaan was sitting silently on the sofa chair where his face was covered with a look I have failed to understand.

"Where is everybody? " I asked him, but already in the hope of their complete non existence from my life. He looked up at me with a confused look in his eyes as if he was unable to understand me so I asked him again on which he just nod his head in positive. Which allows me to  release a breath I was being holding on since the time I first came down.

As I was leaving to the kitchen I again looked at my soon to be ex husband and can feel that something going on in his already messed up head, his hair seems like someone has pulled them so hard, or wait did he done this to himself, but I decided to keep my distance from his sorry ass as far as possible.

"They have already left why you wasting your time and energy in the kitchen? " A deep voice of ayaan reached my ears but hand keep stirring the stew,  "why not kill the time? " I said in a very bored way on which his reply sucked the life out of my lungs "why not kill me instead?!! " And just like that this man whom I love so much left me all confused and angry for no specific reason. What is going on here?.. The urge to the answer is becoming so strong now.

Though I know my curiosity always led to some chaos but this time it's about ayaan, I just can't help myself. So I decided to choose the direct approach of asking ayaan directly. I took a disprin and a glass of water in a tray and entered his study where I found him talking to some one on a phone. I can see his back, he was so focused on that call that he didn't noticed me at all. Though I am raised well and been taught that eavesdropping is a bad manners but here I need to know the reason of his distress.

"Jay I need full background check on swarni's parents?" But why you need this Jay to do it ask me directly you idiot. "I know I can ask her" Damn does that guy can hear me "but she won't be able to tell me the the information I am looking for. Do it ASAP and call me. Okay!! " Here I decided to act as if I just entered.

"Hey it seems like you are having a head ache.. So here is a disprin please take it and you have already skipped your breakfast so don't forget about the lunch. " He was trying super hard to not met his eyes with the set of mine. I took it as a clue to leave "what happened to you when you ran upstairs? Are you okay? " I shut my eyes tightly don't wanted to make this conversation about me but still gave him the answer "I just got sick maybe because of all getting drenched in the rain last night. " He again just nodded in hmm and started working on his laptop "is everything okay ayaan? "

"Yes!! Yes!! Everything is fine, it's just so much of work has already lined up because of me sitting at home. Plus my dad informed me that we have to sign the divorce papers by the office party. "
Here it is, so this is what's going on in his head but this still don't explain the reason why he is looking up for my parents details.

For now I just passed him a sad smile and again reminded him about the chicken stew.

Lunch was also done in silence and we both went to our separate rooms to take some rest but mind still can't wrap around the new unsolved mystery about my parents. Although my eyes didn't take long to shut and take rest. Ohh I am really not feeling that well.