Mirror

"Swarni POV"

I am in an intense emotional state, feeling anger towards my parents to leave me alone, towards my uncle to use my state of need for his greedy motives and above all anger towards my few hours old husband who actually thrown water on my face to wake me up. I screamed on top of my lungs which brings so many unknown faces around us who I later got to know were the house help.

However this sweet old lady called laxmi then take me to my room, yes 'MY ROOM' there will be no 'our room'. She was looking at me with an apologetic smile on her face. She helped me change from my wedding dress to some light clothes. All that while I was staring into the tall body length mirror kept on the right end of this room next to the closet door maybe, all I was doing was staring and thinking that this is all happening because you are not born with the fair skin, you are not your cousin the top model of India fair tall long raven hair and rich looks.

Laxmi didn't speak a word to me except for the permission to leave. Once I was alone in the room i couldn't stop myself from shedding those unwanted tears which I was holding since last night and then they float like a river from my eyes. I lied down on the bed thinking about ayaan's behaviour, it was really very unreasonable.

I mean I am here to help him to get him his property, why does he think that i want anything from him. Not his house, not his money and most important not his heart and without realising i went into another slumber.

I slept soundly for about 4 hours before waking up with growling stomach. I was starving since I haven't ate single bite since yesterday. Even on dinner table everyone around me were so involved into themselves that they missed that I wasn't eating at all. At that time I was observing my so called families, one who gave me away like a goat and the other don't want anything from me, they just seems to concern about nothing but the money they will be getting after a year.

A year.....

I picked myself up from the bed and went downstairs, I usher into the kitchen and asked laxmi if I can make myself a lunch and she just nodded in her response. I was craving for chicken biryani i asked the maids if we have chicken at home and started my preparation.

My mother have taught me how to cook since I was 13. When she got to know that she might not have enough time left with us. Above all I love cooking it's my kind of escape from all the stress and biriyani is one of my specialty.

___________________________________________

"Ayaan POV"

My head was on my study table, I took a nap there and woke up with an amazing smell of biriyani. I literally float to the dinning table where yummy chicken biriyani was actually waiting for me. Without wasting another minute I dig in to the pot and started making a plate for my starving stomach and all my hunger went to vain when I saw swarni entering the room, with another bowl in her hand.

I immediately realized that she made that biriyani and she was carrying a bowl of curd which she kept on the table just in front of me

I was about to leave without eating when she sighed taking her first bite 'ummmmhh yummy, proud of you swarni'
I looked at her while she was appraising herself and busy eating like there is no tomorrow, if she knows how to eat why was she playing with her food last night at wedding dinner. Yeah I noticed because she was sitting right next to me. Staring at people around us and all I was think was how much I hate her.

Judging by her awws and yumms, I've decided to giving it a try. I mean if I won't eat it, it will be a waste of so much food which by the way is bought with my money only, I can't waste my own money right.

I took a seat on the other end of the table filled my plate with biriyani and took a bite. Well ladies and gentleman this is what food in heaven would taste like. I looked at her and she was smiling at me, may be feeling proud of herself but I ignored her and finished my plate and refilled it for another round.

When I was done eating and was about to leave I've heard her saying 'your welcome'.
This phrase brought a bridge on my forehead. I mean, really why would I ever say thanks to you. Infact according to me being my stupid unwanted wife this is her only duty; to serve me specially after that biriyani my stomach is really happy right now and I am amazed to say she really deserves that appreciation.