Eighteen

Severus couldn't move. He couldn't speak. His mate, who he thought was dead for almost all of eighteen years, was here, alive. And he couldn't do shit but start crying silently.

Way to go shithead.

Harry moved first, darting forward to meet the siren, a quiet "dad" falling from his lips.

Was it true?

He touched James's cheek and the second he did he felt the chill of his skin, as if he had been frozen for all this time. Then Harry noticed, it looked like a younger James, him before the wards were removed, this couldnt be his father unless he was...

The realization hit like a two ton brick.

Frozen, yes. Frozen in time.

Brown eyes fluttered open.

~•~•~•~

"Wait!" James shouted, stopping Dumbledore. "Don't hurt him."

Severus didn't see, he was too busy trying to protect their son, but when James's body was hit with the Killing Curse? His soul was already gone, protected.

There was a sixth there that night.

An older siren.

A king.

~•~•~•~

James looked at Severus, the poor siren was having an anxiety attack over him and was almost afraid to touch him, moving away whenever he got near, unable to believe it.

"James, I saw you dead." Severus hyperventilated. "And, you aren't, a ghost- how are you here!?"

"Your father." James finally caught Severus and pulled him to his chest, holding him tightly and lovingly. "Your father, King Alberforth III was there. I don't know how he saved me but he did." He looked at Harry. "As it seems, the poor man has passed." A gentle but kind smile played on his lips. "Unfortunately, but he did save me so I could see you grown up Harry. Be there for your coronation." The normally bubbly man moved to his adult son, hugging him tightly.

Harry, finally pulling out of his complete shock, laughed softly and hugged back before pulling away. "Wait until you meet your grandtwins." He ran his hand through his hair, swimming out to get Draco and take a breather, a soft "dear Gods" being heard as he left.

Draco was floating outside the door. "Well?"

"Its my father alright. I can tell by mum's reaction but, holy shit Draco, he's literally only a few years older than me anymore. He was frozen in time by my grandfather. Wow." Harry kissed Phoenix's head as he tried to process. Madison cooed softly and the almost king picked her up from her mother. "My coronation is tomorrow, and this bombshell gets dropped on me. M'kay."

Draco snorted while he laughed, making Phoenix giggle and try to immitate while Madison sucked on her father's finger. "Not sure how to process, Potter?" He asked with a gentle smirk.

"Hush Malfoy that's gonna be your name soon anyway." Harry smiled and kissed him. "Let's go introduce him to his grandkids." With that he lead the way inside the room again.

James looked up from holding Severus protectively and a little playfully to see his son come in with his grand son and daughter.

James's eyes became saucers.

"Awe!" He swam over, brown tail flicking fast. "What are their names?"

"Madison Luna and Phoenix Draco." Draco answered, prompting James to look up at him.

"Oh! You must be Harry's mate!" The older man smiled.

"Draco-" he hesitated to say his last name. "Malfoy"

"Malfoy as in, cousins of Black, Malfoy?" James frowned.

Draco mumbled a quiet yes, ashamed of his family except for his mother and cousin now. "Sirius is my cousin. I dont agree with what his family did. Neither does my mother. I promise."

James stared at him for a second before smiling. "Is the gang still alive?" He glanced at Harry.

"I've been living, up until recently, with Sirius and Remus, I dont know about Peter- Uncle Tom might know."

"Tom is still alive?I thought old dumbass would've tried to kill him. Thank gods he is." James smiled.