Chapter 17 (Part Two)

Jade was leaning on Nigel's shoulder listening to the waves crushing. There wasn't much of the food left, but what remained Jade promised to take much to Nigel's amusement. She and Nigel were not really talking much, just enjoying each other's company until Jade broke the silence.

"Tell me where you see yourself in five years?" Jade whispered and Nigel contemplated the answer in his head.

"Well I see myself probably the CEO of my dad's company, married maybe with two kids," Nigel said making Jade laugh.

"You want to get married in the next couple of years?" Jade asked lightly but her heart was racing while she waited for the answer.

"I don't want to have a crazy age difference with my kids," Nigel joked which made Jade smile.

Jade let out a loud breath before saying, "Your wife would be lucky to have you."

The mood was suddenly thick with emotion. They were both thinking the same thing; Nigel was graduating soon. That meant he was going to start his own new life and probably marry someone else, someone who wasn't Jade. Jade's heart felt heavy in her chest and her head ached at the knowledge but she remained calm and light, like everything was okay.

"You should probably tell her that yourself," Nigel whispered and Jade recoiled from him.

It was Amanda.

Nigel knew that she knew.

Nigel was going to marry Amanda.

Jade couldn't hide the distress on her face. She quickly blinked the fast-coming tears and Nigel looked alarmed.

"Did I say something wrong?" Nigel asked nervously.

Jade almost smiled at Nigel's panic-stricken face but she felt sick with heartbreak. Jade gripped onto her chest as if to ease the pain. In all her entire 20 years of existence Jade had never felt pain so intense. The pain burnt her, cut holes in her heart while dragging it over the sharpest shards of glass.

"Jade," Nigel said reaching out to touch her but she shrunk back from him.

"This isn't going anywhere. I mean you already have someone who you're going to marry-"

"THERE IS NO ONE BUT YOU JADE," Nigel barked and Jade shook her head in disbelief. "I love you Jade, with all my heart. When I close my fucking eyes all I see is you. I feel like I'm crazy without you Jade. I want to marry you Jade. You're the one for me."

Jade felt relieved first, that Nigel wasn't telling her about Amanda.

Next, she felt outraged, how dare Nigel lie to her about her being the only one?

Lastly, she felt relieved because she got to have the last word; she got to be the one to break things.

Then his words dawned on her.

Nigel wanted to marry her.

Jade scanned Nigel's face for anything to show he was lying but all she saw was a vulnerable man who had just poured his heart out to her. Jade could tell when Nigel was lying, partly because she had dated him and Nigel never told lies. He avoided lying straight up always but this Nigel was different. This one lied to her face all the time

"Nigel," Jade's voice cracked as she reached for him but he flinched. "I'm sorry."

Jade didn't know why she was apologizing but her apology drew Nigel closer to her. Their foreheads ended up touching but they didn't kiss. They just stayed there frozen in their own little bubble. Jade considered confronting him there and then. She had to end whatever game they were playing but she couldn't, she just couldn't let go of the fantasy she was living in.

"Let's do something fun," Nigel whispered making Jade open her eyes.

She noticed the mischievous glint in his eyes and she smiled because everything between them felt 'normal'.

"What?" Jade asked with a smile and Nigel grinned.

"Skinny dipping," Nigel whispered getting up.

He outstretched his hand for Jade to take, an answer that was either a yes or no. Jade took it, a clear yes and Nigel's grin widened. He let go of their hands before taking off his shirt. His toned chest came on display making Jade swoon.

"Race you to the ocean?" he teased and Jade took off her shoes.

Amidst their sprint to the ocean, they removed their clothes as quickly as they could and Jade was the first to reach the ocean. The water was cold but Jade didn't mind it. Jade and Nigel swam around, talking and joking lightly but knowing what they wanted to do. Jade wasn't shocked when she found Nigel hovering over her.

They were floating, breathing heavily while staring into each other's eyes. Nigel removed the wet hair that was in Jade's face putting her whole face in his clear view. She looked beautiful in the moonlight.

"You're beautiful," Nigel whispered and Jade almost forgot how to breathe.

Nigel started caressing her face causing shivers down her spine. He trailed kisses down to her neck making Jade almost moan. Then they started kissing. Nothing about the kiss was normal or familiar. It was goodbye and hello all at the same time. Jade felt like her heart was about to explode as her body melted into his.

Despite the nonexistent gap between her and Nigel, she still wanted him closer, she wanted to possess him make him hers. She relished in his scent, in his warm body and his sturdy body holding onto her. They pulled away for a bit, panting loudly and Jade looked into Nigel's eyes. They were darker than usual, a result of the lust he felt.

"Let's do it," Jade whispered and Nigel frowned.

"Are you sure?" he asked and Jade kissed him.

"I know what I want."

Nigel didn't need to be told twice to take her there and then.  

Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Follow :)