Chapter 12

"Class dismissed," the professor announced and everyone began shuffling out.

Jade noticed Lara waiting up for her and she quickened her pace mentally preparing herself for the quiz that was bound to come. Lara would want to know every single detail about her and Nigel.

What was there to say?

Nigel's girlfriend called while I was busy making out with him?

That would be downright embarrassing.

"So what happened yesterday night," Lara asked as soon as Jade caught up with her.

"Nothing." Jade shrugged and Lara gave her a look.

"I mean it," Jade said and Lara rolled her eyes.

Jade could tell Lara was going to bug her till she spit out the truth but she was still too embarrassed to tell Lara what had really happened. She was not ready for the judgmental stare followed by the know it all speech.

"If nothing happened why did you stay over at his apartment?" Lara questioned and Jade shrugged.

"It was late and I couldn't let Nigel drive me back to campus."

"Oh my God Jade, who are you kidding? Knowing you, you'd let Nigel drive you back to your dorm at 3 am if you wanted to come back. Now tell me what happened. Make sure you give me all the juicy details."

Jade let out a loud sigh realizing Lara was going to bug her till she said everything. So she told Lara everything that had happened.

"He answered that Amanda girl in front of you?" Lara asked and Jade nodded. "So what did you do?"

"I almost hate myself for what I did then I don't," Jade replied and Lara linked their hands giving Jade a reassuring squeeze. "I continued making out with him like everything was okay. I let him hold me as we slept as if I don't know that he has a girlfriend. I let him touch me Lara."

Lara squeezed Jade's hand who was now blinking away her tears.

"You're not a bad person," Lara said and Jade laughed humorlessly.

"Well I'm selfish then. I'm not just hurting Nigel, I'm hurting Amanda too."

"If it makes you feel better, Nigel is no saint. He's a cheat and a liar. You shouldn't feel bad for hurting that monster," Lara said.

Neveah's words echoed in Jade's head, "Two wrongs don't make a right."

Jade smiled hoping the words would fade away because no matter what Lara said Jade felt terrible.

"Want to grab breakfast?" Jade asked Lara who nodded.

They didn't mention Nigel as they headed towards the nearest MacDonald's. Instead they talked about Lara's nonexistent love life and joked about it. While they were inline Lara's phone buzzed and she frowned.

"I need to go outside," Lara said and Jade nodded.

"I should order the usual?" Jade asked and Lara nodded rushing out.

Jade remained in her little bubble as she waited for her turn, she was physically present but mentally she was somewhere else. She was at a place without Nigel or Jack-

Jack!

Jade wondered how he was and contemplated fishing out her phone to do a little stalking just to see if he was okay.

"Um hey," a voice said shaking Jade out of her reverie.

Jade looked up to see the pretty boy from Donnie's and she smiled.