Chapter 15: Dogs Chasing Cats

Start from the beginning

Halfway down, I abruptly came to a stop. There standing in pure astonishment was the woman I'd be searching for.

"Folashadé," I said, and as her name left my mouth, she quickly turned around and bolted down the path.

"Wait," I yelled, running after her. I cannot believe I was chasing, literally chasing, a woman.

She ignored my demand and continued sprinting. The bottom portion of her dress made it difficult for her to run such a significant distance, but still. She ran like the cops were after her.

She eventually led me into the garden, just as I was catching up to her. That gardener was not going to save her from me this time. I would make sure of it.

I ran harder, almost as hard as I did during our race. I effortlessly caught up to her, easily pulling her back by her waist and covering her mouth with my hand.

She screamed within my hand as she reached up and grabbed a large portion of my hair. I bit my lip in pain, feeling the hair strands being tugged from my scalp.

"Let my hair go or I swear to God, you'll receive an even worse treatment to yours," I threatened, releasing my grasp on her waist to tug on a few curly strands from her bun.

She yelped in my hand as her hold on my hair loosened.

"Now listen," I began in a low whisper, bringing my face close to her ear. "I'm going to move my hand from your mouth and ask you a question, but I want to hear the truth and nothing else," I said, giving her hair a minor pull. "I'm still holding this," I reminded. "Now I know that every staff member has at least one day off, except the advisor, but that isn't your occupation. Therefore, I know you had your day off last week, but... you didn't come to my room like I asked you to," I questioned, feigning a man with a damaged ego. Hell, I might as well have been a man with a damaged ego.

I hesitantly removed my hand from her mouth, settling it on her hips.

"I wasn't feeling well after the race we had, so Gina allowed me to stay in for the whole day. When I woke up, she told me that the day will count for my day off the following week," she explained, anger laced her tone.

I completely released her hair and placed that hand on the other side of her hips.

"Why didn't you tell me? I was thinking that you were avoiding me all this time," I asked, burying my head into the crook of her neck.

"Could you stop," she snapped, squirming out of my soft hold on her hips. "I'm not going to your room. I have a job that is more important to me than having sex with--"

"I'm not trying to have sex with you. I won't lie and say I don't want you, because I do," I interrupted her. "I just want to talk to you, privately. No sex involved," I assured, desperately. I needed her to trust me.

"No. Do you remember the last time you said that," she sharply asked, crossing her arms over her small chest.

"That time was different. You got me so fucking angry that... that...," I sighed in exasperation, unable to find a way to word what I wanted to say.

"That you were going to get rid of your anger by having sex with me," she answered, however, her response was so incorrect.

I wasn't going to fuck her to get the anger out of me. I was going to do it because I wanted to fuck her in the first place. But I wasn't going to correct her.

"Something like that," I mumbled, but she still heard.

She laughed sarcastically. "I wonder who you used as a release," she shook her head.