~ Chapter 41 ~ (A Dream)

Start from the beginning

He knew about the consequences of his plan which a risk that he may hurt the passengers. But it's a risk he's willing to take.

It's either this or the train getting into the next station collecting more preys.

The train is getting closer to the mountain. (Y/N) instantly jumped off from the train and rolled on the dirt. He then balanced himself before getting up from the ground.

(Y/N) watched as the train passed him. He turned around before sprinting into the forest. He need to get there as fast as he can before the train does...

~Inside The Train~

Tanjirou is now sleeping while leaning to the flame pillar's shoulder. Kyojuro is also asleep right now. The next seat are occupied by Zenitsu and Inosuke. Both of them are also sleeping.

A group of young adults emerged and approached the sleeping slayers with ropes in their hands. They tied the rope to their hands before connecting the ropes to each one of the slayers.

Then, they started counting before also falling asleep. They have their reasons for this. This is because the train demon himself, the lower moon one demon, Enmu is behind this.

Enmu instructed the young adults to kill the four demon slayers in their dream and will reward them by giving them 'sweet dreams'.

Enmu planned by having the young adults destroy the spiritual core of the slayers. This is because no matter the amount of strength a demon slayer may possess, any human can be killed by destroying their spiritual core. If their spiritual core is destroyed then that person becomes an empty husk of their self.

One of Enmu's minions which is a girl entered Kyojuro's dream. She sneaks past his consciousness and rushes towards the 'edge' of the dream.

The girl proceeds to tear down the walls of Kyojuro's dream and reach his subconscious. She located his spiritual core and it is entirely on fire around the spiritual core.

The girl try to destroy the core. However she is stopped dead in her tracks as back in the physical realm Kyojuro, sensing that he is in danger, grabs her neck in a vice grip leaving her immobile but not killing her.

 However she is stopped dead in her tracks as back in the physical realm Kyojuro, sensing that he is in danger, grabs her neck in a vice grip leaving her immobile but not killing her

Both of them are at a stalemate as the girl can no longer move and Kyojuro will not kill a human.

A box at the ground near Tanjirou began to open by itself. Then slowly, Nezuko who is finally awake get out from her slumber.

She is puzzled to see Rengoku standing still while strangling a girl and her eyes then find Tanjiro who is visibly struggling to wake up from his dream.

Nezuko moves up to him and starts shaking him to wake up so he can pat her on the head. However Tanjirou failed to do so since he hasn't still wake up.

Nezuko is feeling irritated with her brother 'ignoring' her. She headbutted Tanjirou on his forehead. However, her head is the one getting injured as it started bleeding.

She begins to cry from the pain and with blood still oozing out, she sets Tanjirou on fire with Blood Demon Art: Blood Burst.

~Inside Tanjirou's dream~

Tanjirou bursts into flames in his dream and his siblings are taken aback. He is able to recognise Nezuko's scent from the flames and realises it is the fire from her blood, he slowly begins to wake up.

Tanjirou already started to realise that this is all a dream. This is because he saw all of his family is still alive. He also saw Nezuko but she is a human.

He remembered that his family are no more as all of them are already deceased. He steels himself and accepts that he has already lost all of it and cannot go back.

Tanjirou began running away from his family in his dream. His brother, Rokuta cries after him not to leave them behind. Tanjirou tearfully continues to run.

After escaping from his family, Tanjiro still wracks his head to figure out how to escape the dream but is unable to find the demon, despite detecting the faint smell of one throughout the environment.

Still struggling to find a way out of the dream, Tanjirou wildly looks around for a clue. Suddenly, a figure of a grown man dressed similarly to him appeared.

It's his father, Tanjuro Kamado, appears behind Tanjirou with his back to him and tells him to draw his sword, as there is something he must cut.

There's a few odd sightings he saw in his dream such as Nezuko's box, his own reflection in the water and now his father's words are all warnings from Tanjiro's instincts to point him in the direction of the solution he seeks.

With a sudden realisation he knows what he must do to escape from his dream but is a little hesitant, gritting himself he draws his blade and cuts his own neck clean through.

~In Real World~

Tanjirou screamed as he wakes up from his dream. Nezuko who had been next to him is startled by the noise. Tanjirou hold his neck to check if it still intact.

It is... This confirms that it was indeed just a dream after all... A beautiful dream filled with lies from the cruel reality of the world...