.53

Author's note: Flashbacks are in Italic

TRIGGER WARNING: MENTAL HEALTH; PTSD AND SELF HARM. 

.53

I immediately left Allesandro Costa's office after hearing the story. I can't believe it. I just can't. I can't stop the tears from falling, and Kev is on my heels.

"Skyla? Where are you going?" There's urgency in his voice, but I didn't answer him.

I continued walking down the stairs. I want to get out of this place. Fuck, I shouldn't have gone here. I shouldn't have agreed to Kev.

Why am I so stupid? I fucking hate myself!

"Skyla!" He shouted. Screw him.

There could be some kind of mistake here. There must be something I'm missing out.

There must be something I could do...

A warm hand grabbed me on my arm. I glared at Kev, "Let go of me."

"No, not until you tell me what's going, Skyla."

"I don't want to!" I exclaimed.

"Can you calm down? You're scaring the people here."

He glanced at our surroundings, and there were a few staff around watching us, but looked away immediately when I stared at them.

I forcedly removed my arm from his hold. "Calm down? Fuck you, Kev Conti! Fuck you! Fuck all of you! I can't just calm down after finding out that my Uncle is behind my parents' death. I can't just calm down when I lived with the man who killed my parents! Calm down? I'll show you how to calm down."

I eyed the living room and walked towards the nearest table with a vase on top. I grabbed it and stared at it for a while before throwing it against the wall.

I sneered at him. "You brought me here for a reason." I grabbed the other vase my hand could reach and threw it on the floor. "I'm sick of you people and all your goddamn revelations! All these secrets. I am tired of it!"

Before I could snatch another vase, Kev's strong arms circled my waist. "Let me go! Let me go!"

His hold around my waist is tight. I punched his arms, "I hate you! I hate you, Kev! Just let me go! Why are you doing this to me?!"

I kept on hitting him, but I didn't seem to matter to Kev. He is not pain. I'm the only one in pain. I'm the only one hurting like always.

I screamed at him and with all his might. He threw me on the sofa. Hands on his hips, Kev only stared at me as I cried.

And I whispered, "Just kill me. I'm tired."

"Then what?" He replied. I peeked at him through my glassy vision, and Kev added, "You feel betrayed. You think what's happening to you is unfair because you haven't done anything cruel to deserve such fate, but life has always been unfair, Skyla. It doesn't matter if it was you or someone else. Unfairness is not selective."

I ignored his words and asked, "Why did you bring me here?"

Kev was silent for a second and replied, "Because you deserve the truth."

I sobbed and tasting my own tears, I said, "I had enough truths for today. I don't think I can take another one." I bowed my head down and stared at the pristine floor.