{15}.Abandoned

I wake up at the slight sound of ringing I groan and turn over grabbing my phone from the nightstand and pick it up without looking at the caller Id "Tessa" I hear on the other end then realized it was Mary Margrets voice and I'm suddenly wide awake "Mary Margret, what's wrong" I asked quickly "I think Emma left she packed up all of her stuff and her bug is gone" she says her voice shaky.

My eyes go wide and I feel a tear stream down my face as I look over to Ruby sound asleep. "I'm on my way" I say quietly then hanging up setting down the phone. I continue to look at ruby as more tears stream down my face. I wipe them away frustrated and stand up walking to the closet. I throw on some grey sweatpants and a white tshirt. "Tessa what's wrong" I hear behind me I quickly turn as Ruby sits up with fear in her eyes.

My face softens and I swiftly walk to the bed sitting on my knees right in front of Ruby. "Emma left" I say quietly looking down at my lap. I see a pale hand with slender fingers slide into mine in my lap. "What do you mean baby" she asks and I finally look up to meet her eyes. I feel the tears start threatening to fall again but I push them back "she packed her bags and left Mary Margret called" I choked out.

Her face turns to a frown and softens as she lets go of my hand trailing it up to my face to wipe a tear off my cheek I didn't know I let go. "Alright let's go then" she says completely letting go of me as she throws the blankets off her legs standing up and I follow her till she gets to the closet throwing my black sweatpants and one of my basketball hoodies on.

I look at her my mouth slightly agape as she turns back to me "what" she asks her face looking confused. "You really want to come with me" I ask curiously not dropping my gaze. She smiles and walks to me squatting down on the floor so she can look up at me. "I would follow you to the ends of the earth, you don't have to do this alone anymore" she says bringing her palm to rest on my face and I lean into it blushing.

She helps me stand up and we grab our phones walking out of the room. I watch as Ruby quickly rushes to Cass's room and a few minutes later coming out with a sleepy Cass rubbing her eyes. "Hey babygirl" I smile down at her as she walks over to lean on me. I chuckle ruffling her already messy hair "stopppp mom" she says shoving my hand away and I just laugh "come on kid put your shoes on you can sleep at Mary Margrets" I say and she walks over and quickly sliding her shoes on and me and Ruby do the same.

***

I knock on Mary Margrets door and she throws it open looking at us in question "hey Mary Margret" Cass says lightly as she walks past her and straight up stairs. I chuckle as me and Ruby walk in the loft and Mary Margret closes the door behind us and leads us to the couch I sit with Ruby as close as I can on the big couch as Mary Margret sits on the chair.

"So she just left, without saying anything" I ask looking down at Ruby's hand intertwined with mine in my lap. "Yeah..." Mary Margret trails off  my eyes start to get wet and soon enough I feel tears coming down my cheek. "Why didn't she tell me" I ask sniffling "Tess-" Ruby started big I cut her off looking up at the both of them "no! I'm her twin and she just left me! She left me like everyone else!" I scream standing up quickly running to the bathroom on beside Mary Margrets room locking myself in. I slide back on the bathroom door trying to catch my breath "Tessa baby open up" I hear Ruby's soft voice which just makes me cry more "Tessa come out" I hear Mary Margret say as she knocks on the door lightly.

"Go away" I muffle out as I bring my knees up to my chest and resting my head in my arms that are resting on my knees. "Tessa I got the key I'm coming in" I hear Mary Margret say once more and I shuffle to the far end of the bathroom leaning against the tub. The door unlocks and Mary Margret quickly walks in squatting down in front of me Ruby not far behind her. "Tessa I'm going to touch your arm is that okay" I nod still crying and I whimper as I feel a soft hand touch my arm. I look up into Mary Margrets eyes begging for acceptance. She lightly smiles at me bringing the hand up to my cheek drying the tears away "Tessa I'm not going anywhere okay and Ruby here definitely isn't going anywhere you have us Tessa you'll always have us" Mary Margret says and I quickly glance at Ruby as tears run down her face smiling at me nodding her head then I turn back to Mary Margret throwing myself in her arms and we stumble back into the floor as I rest my head on her chest as she clutches onto me.