{4}.Basketball

I woke up startled by a loud bang I jolt up realizing that ruby and Cass were no longer in bed. I get up and run down stairs to find Cass standing with a pan beside her feet and ruby with an apron on and cooking. I held my chest "god you scared the crap out of me I thought something happened to you guys" I say then pull Cass in for a big hug then hugged ruby from behind. "So whatcha guys making" I ask releasing ruby and go behind the counter to sit down. "Eggs,toast,bacon, and pancakes" ruby said taking a quick glance at me "and the best part hot coco with cinnamon" Cass chimed in and I smiled at her "sounds amazing" I say and smile in delight. I sit down at the counter and Emma and Mary Margaret walk in "oooo this looks good" Emma says and I smile at her as she sits beside me. "Are you feeling better after yesterday Tessa?" Emma asks I nod "can I talk to you in private?" I ask her and she nods and we walk away from everyone. Before I start I look to Cass and Ruby for comfort and Ruby sends a reassuring smile to me. I look down then at Emma "I just wanted to apologize for my unprofessional behavior" she puts her hand on my shoulder "it's ok Tess, but why did you freak out as bad I mean I know he touched Ruby but there something else I can tell" she asks I take a deep breath "Cass's father.... he.... he-e raped me" I say shakily I see a shocked expression come on her face. She pulls me in a hug " I am so sorry Tessa" she says when she pulls away "it's ok it happened a long time ago" I say looking down at my shoes. "I'm hear for you, your kinda like my sister" she says smiling I smile back at her and give her another hug. "Breakfast is ready" I hear ruby call and we part and both walk over to the counter. "It's looks amazing thank you ruby" I say to her with a smile. She smiles back at me and looks down to hand Cass a plate. We all eat breakfast. "Well im going to work, thank you ruby for the breakfast" Mary Margret says "yeah I'm going to" Emma says. "Cass you want to ride with me" Mary Margaret asks and Cass smiles and nods picks up her bag and follows Mary Margret out the door. "I'll see you at work Tessa" Emma smirks and winks at me then heads out the door. I blush and ruby laughs. I smile and walk around the counter and wrap my arms around her waist. She smiles at me and I smile back at her and I lean in until our lips meet it was like fireworks when we kissed I felt the sparks. We pulled apart and ruby put her arms around my neck. "Will you go on a date with me?" I ask she smiles at me " I would love to" I smile and peck her lips and spin her around. She starts giggling "come on babe we gotta get to work" she nods and we walk out of the house to my car.

I arrived at the station. I walk in and see Emma in her office I walk to the door and know she quickly looks up from her paperwork and smiles "hey Tess" she says I smile walk in and sit on one of the chairs facing her desk. "Did you have fun with ruby" she says wiggling her eyebrows suggestively. I laugh "actually yes I did, I got an amazing kiss out of it all so thank you" I smirk and she breaks into laughter. She stops laughing after a while and continues her paperwork as we sit in comfortably silence. 'It's crazy to think I'm here in a small town with my daughter and a girl I'm about to go on a date with and my supposed sister and mother and nephew, how crazy could all of this really get' o chuckle to myself and my thoughts got interrupted I look up at Emma and smile "did you know we apparently sisters, according to the book" I smile she smiles back "yeah, you know I I kinda hope the book is true I've spent my whole life without family and to think I finally found them would be-" "life saving" Emma cuts me off finishing my sentence I smile and look down at my hands in my lap. "Exactly" I look up at Emma and she has a soft smile on her face. "So what's your story exactly" I look at her and rest my arms on the arm rests of the chair. She chuckles "well I was found on the side of the highway , I grew up in the system no family wanted me no friends, until I met Neil aka Henry's father" she laughed I smiled sweetly at her "I was found in the forest on the side of a highway " I say and she looks at me a little shocked "really?" She questions I nod my head "what highway" I shrug my shoulders " I have no idea, no one would tell me anything about the day I was born" she looks at me confused.