{8}.Miners Day

I wake up to someone softly singing and petting my head. I cuddle into the body that makes me feel so at home. "Good morning beautiful" I look up and Ruby is smiling at me with bright eyes "good morning" I say burying my head back in her chest and she giggles.

"Come on baby I have to get to the diner and it's Saturday and miners' day." I look up at her confused "miners' day" "yeah, it's an old tradition the nuns use to make candles and trade the candles for coal, the nuns have it every year to support the church" she smiles down at me explaining in a soft voice "ohhh, wellll Cass don't have school sooooo let's just go back to sleep" I smirk and bury my head back in her chest. "No baby I have to go if I want to keep this apartment and you have to work too." I look up at her wide eyes "shit, what time is it" I ask getting up frantically "seven it's okay you're not late" I let out a sigh of relief "do I have extra jeans here" I ask she nods and points to the closet I get out of bed the cold breeze hitting well my everywhere I'm very not well dressed.

I walk in the closet and pull out some jeans tugging them on and then I look for a shirt to wear finding a simple black t-shirt with rolled up sleeves I smile "hey baby" I say walking out of the closet she looks up at me from her bed "can I borrow this" I ask smiling at her "of course baby what's mine is yours" she smiles to me and gets out of bed walking over to me.

She wraps her arms around my neck and mine around her waist I lean in for a kiss and as I'm kissing her one hand wanders away from my shoulder and down to my abs. I moan as she scratches her nails over it. I pull back we're both out of breath "we're going to have to do something about those nails eventually baby" I say winking at her, and she blushes a million shade I let go of her but not without kissing her cheek and I put the shirt on.

I walk to the living room throwing my shoes on "shit" I look up in realization Ruby's in the kitchen already making breakfast "baby who's taking Cass today" she looks up at me contemplating something "well you can take her this morning and if something happens bring her to the diner" I nod and walk over to her leaning in for a chaste kiss "were amazing moms aren't we" she giggles and nods at me kisses me on the cheek and turns around to continue breakfast " go wake Cass up breakfast is almost done" I nod and walk into Cass's room she's still fast asleep her mouth open and Drool hanging out I laugh and walk over to her leaning down to shake her awake "Casssssss wake uppppp" I say.

"No Saturday to early" she says turning away from me "come on sleepy head you have to come to work with me" she perks up and opens her eyes "at the sheriff's station" she smiles, and I smile back at her and nod. "Alright I'll be ready in a minute she says stepping out of bed I nod get up and leave the room closing the door so she can have some privacy.

Ruby's still in the kitchen making the plates I walk up to her, and she hold a plate out in front of me I grab it and kiss her cheek "thank you baby, and you better watch out with cooking like this I might just make you my wife" I smirk at her "I wish you would" she says smirking right back. God this girl's perfect for me.

I go and sit at the couch to eat and soon enough Cass walks out of her room "hey mama, hey mom" she says casually I look to Ruby because I know her saying that always makes her smile and it is she's grinning from ear to ear. Ruby hands Cass her plate kissing her on the head telling her good morning. They both come and sit at the couch to eat breakfast with me.

We all finish our breakfast and I stand up walking to the door "alright let's go I'll drop you off at the diner babe and I just might come in and get some coffee" I say looking up at ruby she nods and smiles and we all grab our jackets as we walk out of the apartment to outside to my Jeep we drive to the diner and I walk in to find my boss the one and only Emma Swan.

She looks up and sees me and smiles I walk back there with Cass "hey em" I say "hey Tess" she replies. "What are-" her sentence gets interrupted by the one and only Mary Margret "Excuse me, can I have everyone's attention please" she starts me, and Emma look at each other both worried.