{6}.The Date

I walk into Mary Margrets and Emma and Mary Margret are sitting at the island " Emma, Mary Margret" I say, and they turn around to look at me "Hey Tessa, long time no see " Mary Margret smirks at me. I blush "yeah I've been busy" " I'd Say you have" Emma says and They both burst out laughing. " Can you guys please stop talking about my moms like that, it's gross" Cass says behind me going to walk upstairs holding her hands over her ears we all burst out laughing.

" Wait moms?" Emma says intrigued and Mary Margret looks at me confused "yeah, um Cass Kinda Counts Ruby as her mom too" I blush. " And how's that going, with you and her I mean" Mary Margret asks " well so far were just going on a date tonight" I smile walking over to them standing at the end of the island " where are you taking her" Emma asked reaching down to grab her cup and drink out of it. " The woods, to look at the stars" I say smiling down at My hands " Awww, she's blushing" Emma teases pointing her finger at me I look up at her shocked " Excuse you, how rude" I look at her with wide eyes. They both chuckle " well, I'm going to go get ready for my date " say looking down at the T-shirt Ruby gave me I smile and walk upstairs to my room Cass is laying on the bed looking at that storybook that She had when I first met her.

" watcha lookin at kid" I ask walking to the closet "Ruby" she says Softly I turn around and look at her questioningly She turns the book around and its Ruby in a Red Cloak hood on her head honestly, she looks beautiful. I reach my hands out for it and she smiles and hands it to me. I look closely running my hands over the Paper " who is she, in that land I mean" I look up at Cass curiously her eyes go bright " Little red riding hood, but the twist is She was also the wolf." I look at her a little shocked " really" I ask She nods, and I look back down at the book " if you Wanna take it and read it, go ahead" I look back at her smiling " I will thank you" I say to her closing the book and placing it on the bed. "But at the moment, I have to get ready" I say and walk back to my closet Pulling out a red button up I swiftly take My shirt off and put the button up on.

I Look in the mirror beside the closet to make sure I look good I'm wearing black ripped jeans My red button up with the sleeves rolled up to My forearms and my White Nikes I leave my hair down and Put on My gold infinity necklace, it's there to remind me to never give up. I feel as though I look good enough, So I grab My phone and put it in my pocket Her I get my wallet and put it in my pocket I look to Cass and she's Smiling at me "Okay kid are you sure your going to be, Ok?" She nods at me " well me and Ruby Will be back for you tonight I think we're spending the right there well you are at least" She looks to me confused "Ruby told me about your tradition of you staying the night after your games and I'm not going to get in the middle of that" I say she stands up and Walks t0 me taking my hand " your my mom you're not getting in the middle of anything." She smiles up at me I pull her in a hug, and She wraps her arms around My Waist She Pulls back "okay go get her tiger" I laugh and walk downstairs Emma and Mary Margret are still sitting at the island Emma turns to me " Well don't you look good" I laugh "thanks" I say still smiling I walk closer to them standing at the end of the island leaning on it.

"Listen Shes had a bad day She wants to say What happened with her foster dad didn't affect her but it did, I know that look in her eyes I had that same look the first time I got hit" Mary Margret looked at me shocked "I know what you mean, don't worry Tess I'm here I got her" I smile at her " thank you" I say genuinely and I walk to the door but I grab My leather jacket first putting it on and Walk out the door.

I make a stop at granny's before I Pick up Ruby, I walk in and sit at the counter and Granny Walks over to me "how can I help you Tessa". I smile at her "can you Possibly get me all of Ruby's favorite food and snacks" She smiles at me "for your guy's date I'm assuming" She Smiles at me gathering fruit in a box on the other side of the Counter. "How did you know" I asked curious "She doesn't Stop talking about you" I blush, and She looks up at me and chuckles "I'll be right back with all the food dear" she says walking into the back.