{5}.Unexpected Suprises

Emma got a call from Regina about a stranger in town but today was also the day of Cass's basketball game and mine and Ruby's date. I get off work and get in my car to drive to the diner to meet ruby to get ready for Cass's basketball game. I arrive and I see ruby sitting outside waiting for me I get out of the car eagerly and skip over to the beautiful woman she stands and giggles at my antics I get to her and wrap my arms around her in a hug she laughs and hugs me back. I pull back "you ready to go get Cass?" I ask and she nods, and I take her hand and we start walking down the road we arrived at the bus stop where Emma is waiting for Henry. "Hey guys" she smirks at us I blush and tense a little I feel ruby frown and let go of my hand I whip my head around and look at her I frown and reach and take her hand with both of my hands I bring her hand up to my lips and kiss it then I smile and interlock our hands and bring them back down to my side and caress her hand with my thumb. I look over at her and smile and she look at me with soft eyes and then I hear a cough and I remember Emma was standing in front of us. I look at her blushing Emma still has that smug smirk on her face "domestic much" she chuckles, and I look at her shocked and punch her in the shoulder and she grimaces and her hand flys up to rub her shoulder. "Ruby!" I hear and I turn to the noise and it's my beautiful daughter running up to us Ruby let's go of my hand and holds her arms out and Cass jumps into them, then she turns to me, and I hold my arms out and she jumps into them. " Hey kid" I cradle her head and then she let go and I look up at Emma and Henry " so, Cass it's Friday and Ruby's here do that mean you have a game today?" Cass nods and Henry continues " Emma can we go tonight" he looks up at Emma hopeful and I feel Cass smile "sure kid" she says and pats his head affectionately. "Alright kid we got to get you home to fix your hair" Ruby says I turn to her a little shocked 'home'. Cass grabs both of our hands and we walk to Ruby's apartment. We got to the b&b and we walk all the way upstairs and walk down the hall to this room Ruby brings out her keys and opened her door. I walk in after Cass runs in disappearing to a room it's a small apartment that leads straight into the living room and right behind it is a kitchen and two doors on the left side of the living room and then a door on the right side. Cass came back out with a brush in her hand and ruby sat on the couch and Cass came and sat between her legs and Ruby starts to brush out her hair "Tess can you go get the hair bows in the bathroom" Ruby points to the left side of the room. I nod and walk into the room the Cass went into earlier it's a small bathroom grey walls and ocean-colored curtains I rummage through the drawers of the sink until I find a bunch of hair bows, I take one out and walk back into the living room and Ruby is sitting on the couch braiding Cass's hair while Cass watches tv. I smile and walk over to them Ruby smiles up at me and takes the hair bow and I sit beside of her leaning back in the comfortable couch spreading my arms back on the back of the couch.

I watch as Ruby finishes braiding Cass's hair and ties the hair bow around the end of it then she lightly taps her head and Cass gets up and hugs Ruby "thanks" she smiles then runs in the room on the right side of the apartment. "Hurry up and get ready we have to leave in 10 minutes" Ruby calls and stands up but turns and reaches for my hand. I take it and stand up and we walk to the room beside of the bathroom which I'm guessing is her bedroom there's red everywhere and a big furry comforter that looks like it was skinned from a bear.

She lets go of my hand and I jump on her soft bed burying my face in the fur of the pillows that sit on her bed. "Here" I hear Ruby say so I look up at her and she's holding out a gold and blue basketball T-shirt from Cass's school. I smile and get off the bed and grab the shirt " thank you" I smile and lean in and peck her lips. I pull back and smoothly take off my shirt and throw it on the bed and Ruby is blushing looking down at my abs she blushes, and I wink at her then I slid the shirt over me and walked up to Ruby once more and kiss her. I swipe my tongue across her bottom lip, and she opens her mouth and moans. I pull away and wink at her and walk out of the room I close the door behind me and go to sit on the couch I hear a door open to my right and Cass walks out and sits on the couch beside of me. "Tess" she asks sounding sad I quickly look down at her concerned she's looking straight ahead " yeah kid" I ask cautiously then she looks up at me " are you and Ruby dating yet" I look at her a little shocked.