{10}.Understanding

We both decided that it was best to arrest her tonight so Emma wouldn't have to go home feeling guilty so we arrive at the animal shelter Mary Margret was sitting on the table farthest from the couch as david sits on the couch. "what is it did you find her" david says immediatly standing up I look over at Mary Margret sympethetically "we found a box" emma says barely able to breathe. "wait. wait. what does that mean" david says "we think that she..." emma trails off I step up laying my hand on her shoulder "there was a human heart inside of it" I continued for her I watched as Davids eyes welled up with defeat "no" he says then i quickly glance at Mary Margret "oh my god" she has her face in her hands. "no" David sobs as he slowly falls to the floor crouching down hanging oon to the arm of the chair "were gonna send it out for some tests, but there arent any other missing people" emma countines I can feel her tense up as Mary Margret stand "maybe you should go" she whispers and walks to Davids side to consoul him. "theres more" I step forward more to stand beside of emma at an angle so i can keep my hand on her shoulder.

"what" David looks up with puffy eyes looking at us both "there were fingerprints inside of the lid of the box" emma continues for me and takes a breath then continues again "I ran them through the records of everyone in town, and there was a match" I saw David's eyes change he looks at me worried "arrest me" David stands "David no" Mary Margret says laying on hand on his chest. Then he rushed forward to us "arrest me emma do it" I watched as emma looked down in dread and spoke "David the prints weren't yours" she says softly then looks up at Mary Margret "there Mary Margrets" David turned on Mary Margret looking at her in shock and Mary Margret looked between us in shock.

We arrested Mary Margret and arrived at the station we all walk into the jail cell room/our offices. I take a seat at my desk and Mary Margret and Emma walk over to the mugshot area and Emma fixes the board and the camera, as soon as the flash goes off from the camera my mind forces me back to a place i never wanted to go again.
T.W.  Rape
"What are you doing you little shit" I feel an arm grab mine as I try to escape the bed where my rapist held me hostage he pulled my injured arm up and hauled me back on the bed before I could hit the floor. I'm stunned in fear unable to move as he trails his hand down my body I quickly shut my eyes as his hand reaches my leg just waiting then I feel the body that's on top of me release me and my body free. I open one of my eyes still unable to move I look over at the table beside of the bed as the man grabs a camera. He walks back over to me and I quickly shut my eye once more. "I'm going to sell these pictures for a good price" I quickly open my eyes in fear as a flash goes off  and then another and another until I feel a wait on my body once more. He grabs my arms forcing them over my head locking them in these buckles and I scream "please you got your picture don't do this".

"Tessa" I hear someone scream.
T.W.Over.
I open my eyes I'm in the police station completely under my desk cradling my legs in my arms as I sob. I look up Emma's bent down in front of me a foot away from me and Mary Margret slightly in front of her. "Your safe Tessa" Emma reaches in for me and I flinch sobbing more "no please don't touch me!" I say trying to push myself farther in the desk. "Alright we wont touch you, I'm just going to sit down here is that alright" Mary Margret explains motioning to the floor I nod my whole body still tense but my crying letting up. she softly sits on the floor and smiles at me "honey you had a ptsd flashback, but your safe no one here is going to hurt you, we would never let that happen" Mary Margret motioning to Emma on the last part. I look into Mary Margrets eyes, she's telling the truth. So I crawl out from under the desk and throw myself in Mary Margrets arms I sob softly as we sit on the floor and Mary Margret is rubbing me back whispering soothing things in my ear.

Soon enough the sobbing stops and just resides to sniffles and I let go of Mary Margret looking up at her flustered and she just wipes all tears off my face and smiles at me. "Do you want to talk about it" Mary Margret still holding me close and Emma sitting on the floor beside of me I look at both of them they're both smiling maybe they actually care about me. I smile to myself as I think that i search their eyes looking for a reason not to tell them but I find nothing, "when I was around eight my foster family sold me off to a man my foster dad lost a poker game to. He took pictures of me at my most vulnerable. A lot of them. Then after i begged for him not to but he did anyways like my begs and pleas meant nothing" the last part I spit out bitterly. Emma looks down at the ground sadly and a tear escapes Mary Margrets eye "honey, it seems like you have a serious case of ptsd, has anything like this happened before where you slipped into a flashback" Mary Margret asks softly. I look down in shame "many, many times" I feel a hand under my chin raising my face to meet hers "that's perfectly normal" Mary Margret smiles sweetly at me and I smile back and look over at Emma who still has her head down "Emma" i say softly and she looks up at me cheeks filled with tear marks, and as soon as my eyes meet hers she breaks into a sob pulling me into a hug. I hug her back letting her cry into my shoulder "I love you" she whispers in my ear and I smile "I love you too" I whisper back. We pull apart and Emma dries her tears on her sleeve "god this nights so fucked up" Emma chuckles through her broke voice. I look over to Mary Margret and she's frowning with her head down. I abruptly stand to my feet offering one hand to Mary Margret and the other to Emma they take them and I pull them to their feet. "Alright get Mary Margret settled in I'm staying with her tonight so I'm going to go call Ruby" they both look at me confused "Tess, you don't have to do that go be with your girlfriend and daughter" Mary Margret smiles to me i shake my head "the first night is awful  I'm not letting you stay here by yourself they'll understand" I explain and she nods her her head grabbing my head then softly pulls me in a hug and i wrap my arms around her "thank you" she whispers in my hair and lets go of me and i smile at her squeezing her hand and walking out the door outside.