{3}.Scary Situations

~ Tessa's pov ~

I slowly woke up to a tiny girl on top of me her blondish brownish hair in my face. I nudge her a little bit and she jumps up, " hey sorry I didn't mean to scare you" " it's ok I'm just a light sleeper". I smile at her and move her hair out of her face, she smiles and put her head on my chest. "Come on kid let's go to granny's get some breakfast" I suggest " you just wanna see ruby" she quickly smirks at me. I blush " nooooooo" I say stretching out my o's.

We both laughed and put some clothes on and heading down to granny's. I slowly walked in and saw the most beautiful girl working at the register. I slowly walk up to her " hey ruby" I say with a smile on my face she turns to me and smiles " hey beautiful" she says and I blush a million shades of red. "So what can I get you two" " um surprise me and , kid what do you want?" " um surprise me to ruby" she says smiling and she winks at her then walks back in the kitchen". Cass and I make our way to a booth then Emma comes up to us " hey Tessa can I talk to you for a minute" she ask and I nod my head nervously.

"Um so I have a open position as my deputy would you wanna work with me" I look at her surprised. "Yes of course that would be amazing thank you " she smiles " ok come around the sheriffs station and you can get your stuff" I nod " um you wanna get breakfast with us" she nods her head and sits by Cass.

Ruby comes over with two plates filled with pancakes, bacon, eggs, and toast also a hot chocolate with cinnamon. "This looks delicious thank you" she smiles and blushes and looks at Emma " Emma what can I get you" " just some coffee , thank you". After she leaves back to the kitchen " so what's going on with you and ruby" Emma says smirking I look down and blush " nothing, yet we're just talking" I say smiling.

We soon enough finish eating and I i say bye to ruby and we head to the station. We pull in and go in, " ok so here's your badge and everything else and your desk is out there" she says pointing to the desk near the cells.

I smile and nod, and I head over to my desk and put my stuff down and I hear a call and I look at Emma and she knocked on the  window telling me to get my stuff ready and I did. Then I look at Cass " um Cass just go back to the loft and I will see you there later, I love you kid" I say kissing her on the head and me and Emma head out.

We slowly pull up to granny's " why are we here Emma" I ask terrified we get out and we see a masked gunmen pointing a gun at granny. So we stay low and try to sneak in behind him, but as soon and I see him going closer to ruby feeling her up I busted through the doors and grabbed him by the neck throwing him on the ground his gun landing on the other side of the room.

Emma ran in restraining him and I look up at ruby her eyes all puffy and her still sobbing I look at her with soft eyes and she runs into me hugging me and I hold her. "Thank you" she chokes out I pulled away and held her face in my hands " no need to thank me I would never let the most beautiful woman in the universe die" I say she blushes and hugs me again and I take in her sent she smells like flowers and pure beautiful nature it's calming and I wouldn't
trade this moment for nothing.

She pulled away and kissed my cheek then it was my turn to blush. Then she took my hand and intertwined our fingers and putting her head on my shoulder. We both stand there and watch her drag the awful man away, wait oh yeah I'm still a cop I gotta help I suddenly realize. I pull away " sorry I'm sorta still a cop" I say pointing behind me but never let go of her hand.

"Do you mind if I stayed the night with you I'm terrified to stay by myself tonight" I look at her and smile " yeah sure" I say. "But you will have to stay at the station with me for a couple of minutes. She nods and smiles she takes my hand and I sit in the back with the criminal so ruby feels comfortable.

As soon as we arrive at the station I pull the criminal out of the car and into the station and threw him in the cell. "What the fuck bitch" he said to me " why are you saying that to me why would you try to shoot up granny's" I say pissed " it's cause of her she killed my brother" he says pointing at ruby I look at her and she looks confused " wrong, try again" " that's the truth" " ok if it is why did you fucking grope her" I say grabbing the bars " cause she's sexy" he says licking his lips. I loose it and open the door punching him over and over and over again until someone pulls me off.

They pull me all the way outside of the cell, and I look up and it's Emma and she quickly closes the cell and locks it. "Tessa you can't do that" I get up still pissed " can't do what put a man in his place for thinking he can rape and grope women cause he's a guy and he thinks he's in charge" I say tears streaming down my face. Ruby quickly comes over to me and pulls me in a hug I tense up a little bit then relax and we pull away and she wipes
away my tears.

"Go home be with Cass, it will make you feel better I will see you when I get home." I nod "ok" I say and I intertwine mine and Ruby's fingers and we begin to walk to the loft. "Listen I'm sorry if I scared you back there" I say " no I was more concerned then scared" " yeah well when I saw what that guy was doing to you back at the diner I kinda flipped I'm sorry" I say looking down tears threatening to fall. "What happened Tessa"she asked rubbing her hand up and down my arm for comfort " I was raped by Cass's father" I breathe out " I'm so sorry" she says wrapping her arm around my waist and I put mine around her shoulder pulling me in a loose hug.

"It's ok, It was a long time ago plus I got an amazing kid out of it" I say letting go of the hug taking back her hand.

We arrive at the loft Cass comes running up to us screaming " ruby" and she hugs her " are you staying the night" ruby nods and Mary Margaret came up to us " wanna watch a movie" she ask and we nod.

Not even ten minutes in with ruby laying on me and Cass on top of her. We end up going to bed ruby picking up Cass and heading to the room she gets in with Cass laying on her and she puts her head on my chest and I cover her up. I kiss ruby then Cass's head. " goodnight princesses" I say and drift of to sleep.