Chapter 40

"Baby, hey

"Baby, hey."

Gavin was in a deep sleep so even if I was racking him back and forth already, he just wouldn't wake up.

Today's the first day of the weekend so it's understandable if he's tired after working for a whole week, managing both of our companies, but I really need him to wake up right now.

"Gav, gising!"

Finally, he opened his eyes, taking a little glimpse of me.

I was sitting on our bed, bowing my head to see him. Because of our position, he wrapped his hand around my waist and squeezed his face into my tummy, resting his head on my lap.

"Yes?"

"I'm not feeling well."

With what I said, he alertedly sitted up right too and faced me.

"What do you mean by you're not feeling well?"

Actually, it wasn't my first time feeling something wrong with my body. It was going on for weeks now but only for today that it hurt when Gavin was with me. He was always at work everytime I feel sick.

It took me a few more extra minutes before I processed something reasonable in my mind.

"Do you think what I'm thinking... Daddy Cortez."

His eyes grew wider as he took in what I said.

"Oh shit... Shit, shit, shit. You're pregnant? Since when? Fuck, why didn't you told me anything? Uh, what do I need to do? Are you craving something? Wait, do you even have cravings yet?" He was obviously panicking. With his fluffy and messed up hair, he recklessly stood up and started to find his glasses and wallet that was inside of our drawers.

"We're still not sure yet, right? Wait for me, bibili lang ako ng pregnancy test so we could see if what we're thinking really is the situation. If it is, then I'll leave the fucking company to Amber for a while, I'll be home with you 24/7."

"You're going out without wearing anything as a top?"

He fixed his glasses and while rubbing the bridge of his nose, he looked down, only to see his naked body as the view. His packs were exposed and he was only wearing pajamas for his bottom so he laughed and playfully went to change.

I was practically killing myself from boredom since I was just staring at a wall while waiting for him to come back.

He's already out for 30 minutes, why is he taking so long?

Just as I was about to turn on the television, the door came running open. A wet and almost drowned Gavin came into sight with a little plastic bag in his hand.

"Oh, what happened to you? Basang-basa ka!" I picked up a towel and started to dry him, starting from his face.

"I forgot to bring an umbrella, it started raining the same time I got out of the store."