Chapter 16

"My heart's a stereo

"My heart's a stereo. It beats for you so listen close."

"Hear my thoughts in every note."

We sang while in the middle of the park, kids are running around us and the whole place is filled with noise but we act like there's only the two of us here, alone with each other.

"Happy 1st anniversary, baby." Gavin said while smiling sweetly. His hand is intertwined with mine while his other arm is holding his guitar.

It's been one year since I said yes to him. A year has passed and within that year, many had happen.

Him being the heir of Cortez Corporation has started a few months ago. Our time for each other has lessen over the year but we still manage to have dates like this.

He went closer to me, having his face only inches away from mine. He set aside his guitar before holding my nape to kiss me.

I opened my mouth and sucked his tongue when he pushed it inside me. His hand that was intertwined with mine slowly made it's way to my waist.

He pulled me closer to him and made me sit on his lap. I was now hovering on top of him so he had to look up.

We were supposed to deepen the kiss more when a child near us screamed.

"Look, mommy! They're kissing!"

We stopped and made distance between us. We looked at the child at the same time with both of us being red.

The child was pointing at us while looking at his mother. His mother looked at us then went closer to his son to cover his eyes.

"Mommy! Mommy! That means they love each other, right? That's what you said when I caught you kissing Daddy the other day!" He's now jumping while still having his mother covering his eyes.

"I do love her."

I pinched Gavin's waist when he responded to what the child was saying.

"I'm really sorry. May kinausap lang kasi ako, bigla na agad umalis itong anak ko. Pagpatuloy niyo nalang siguro yan... pero sa more private place..."

The mother of the child looked shy as she was slightly dragging his son away from us. She was saying things to her son to the point that the boy almost cried, he was just holding his tears back.

When they were out of our sight, we both laughed uncontrollably.

"Paano ba yan, pagpatuloy daw natin." He took the mini umbrella I had inside my purse. He opened it while looking at me, teasing.

He hovered on top of me and placed his body between my legs to cover my lower body since I was wearing a dress. He used the umbrella to cover us before kissing me again.

I started to respond to his kisses when his phone suddenly started ringing. We stopped again to let him answer the call.

"What?.. Yeah.. Sure, sure.. I'll go there, wait for me."

He ended the call then looked at me.

"The company needs you again?" I asked, feeling sad now.

He nodded his head, looking guilty. He went closer to me then traced my nose using his pointing finger while his thumb was rubbing my lower lip.

"But it's our anniversary today. Our first anniversary, Gavin."

"I know, I know but the company really needs me now."

I looked at his face before nodding hesitantly. We both sighed as we started fixing our things.

Naka-alis na siya habang ako naman ay naiwan dito habang nakatayo. He even insisted to give me a ride home. I was about to say yes but his phone started ringing again, it was a call from the company as expected.

His work was always the problem in our relationship. We couldn't have peaceful dates since he started training as the new CEO of his family's company.

I was about to call Crisel to pick me up when a man walked my direction. He was wearing a blue button down dress shirt and denim slacks.

"Want a ride home?"

I was thinking if I should accept his offer or decline. The things he said a year ago still hasn't completely left my mind. Since then, we haven't talked except now. Yes, we see each other from time to time especially when I visit his brother at their company but we didn't say a word to each other.

At the end, I still agreed to his offer about giving me a ride home since kilala ko naman siya.

"So what were you doing standing alone at the park? Were you supposed to meet somebody?" He asked while still having his eyes on the road.

"I had a date with your brother but he received a call from the company so he didn't have time to give me a ride."

"You've been together for over a year now. Haven't you thought of you know, breaking up with him? Kakaunti nalang ang oras niya para sayo, sinisingit ka nalang nga niya. He's the future CEO of the company, Estella. You know that-"

"Just drive, Jay but if you still want to talk about my relationship with your brother, you can stop the car. Pwede na akong bumaba dito."

I looked at the window, he also stopped talking.

Nakarating na kami sa bahay ko at ng papasok na sana ako sa loob ay bigla siyang nagsalita.

"Give a thought to what I said. He's the future CEO of our company, kung tutuusin nga ay singit ka nalang sa oras niya. Maybe it's just better for the both of you to break the relationship you've build and let each other go. It's for the better, Estella."

I stopped on my track to look at him. I was starting to get irritated. He has no right to give an opinion about my personal relationship and tell me that it's better for me to break up with his brother.

"You know what, Jay. I've had enough of your nonsense today. Can't you just stop talking about a relationship that you're not even a part of? Just mind your own damn business and let us handle our own relationship."

I've turned my back at him but at the last second before I close the door, he said something that messed up my mind for days.

"Sooner or later, you have to separate ways. Even if you want it to happen or not. Believe me, Estella. It'll happen when you're most likely not expecting it."