Chapter 29

"3!" Jay and Cora yelled

"2!" Crisel and Elaine screamed after the lovely couple.

"1!" Me and Coll said loudly, almost running out of breath.

"Happy New year!" We greeted each other in unison.

The night sky were filled with fireworks.

The different colors of the fireworks didn't overshadowed the brightest stars, but made it even more beautiful.

The six of us are on Elaine's rooftop to celebrate all together.

We celebrated Christmas together and now, New year. I couldn't wait to enjoy more events with them.

I've known Coll and Cora for months now and while we were just casually talking in a famous cafe full of people last week, I randomly blurted out the words,

"You could have made a great couple."

I only said that because they've been friends since their elementary days. They just laughed at me and said that they aren't compatible. After what they said, Jay still gave me a glare, it's funny seeing him jealous.

We decided to have a sleepover and so we did.

Good thing Elaine had a gigantic room in her house that could fit the six of us.

The two of us, me and Crisel slept on the bed closest to the wall while Coll had the whole bed to himself beside us. Cora and Jay invaded the last bed on the other side of the room.

Elaine informed us that she'll just sleep in her own room if it was ok with us since the beds weren't enough so we agreed.

They dozed off to sleep at exactly 2:45 AM while I stayed awake. I sat up from my sleeping position and looked outside through the window, admiring the starry night.

It was so peaceful, a comfortable silence filled the room.

I couldn't sleep even if I was sleepy, my body needed and was ready to rest but I couldn't close my eyes for more than 5 seconds.

I don't why my memories with him keeps flashing back in my mind. In everything I do, I always remember him.

Even with what I'm doing right now!

After two long weeks of not seeing each other because of how busy he was with his work, he took a 3 day leave to spend time with me.

He knew that he was lacking time for me and he felt guilty so he wanted to treat me.

He invited me for a night out. He said that I should wear something cozy and something I'm comfortable with and so I did.

I begged him to give me his hoodie in changed for a kiss and he happily agreed.

I put his oversized hoodie on my head. It wasn't really oversized but since he's much taller than me and he had much broader shoulders, it looked large on me.