Epilogue

"Gavin

"Gavin... Gavin... Gavin!"

He kept on repeating my name so I looked at Matthew, one of my closest friends, who was standing near the doorstep of my house.

"Anong ginagawa mo dito?" My eyes weren't fixed on him anymore, but on my bag I was filling with my clothes instead, because I have to attend a friend's birthday party later and go straight to the company after.

"Wala lang naman. 'Di mo ba ako na-miss? If I were you kasi, I'm totally gonna miss my self." Matthew seems extra gullible today. Something that I'm used to, actually.

"If you want to come inside, just make your way in. Nagku-kunwari ka pang hindi naglalabas-pasok dito sa bahay ko araw-araw." With what I said as a consent, he jumped in and started making his way to me.

"Aalis ka na naman? Iiwan mo na naman ba ako, Gavin?" He tried to act like he was about to cry and grabbed my arm but since I'm used to being around him, I just continued what I was doing. It's in his personality to piss me off all the time.

"Ikaw na bahala dito. You can invite Amber if you want. I'll come back tomorrow."

He quickly removed his hand away from me and proceeded to the kitchen like I didn't gave him any responsibility. I watched him open up the fridge and take the box of cake to the counter.

Before I could even stop him, he already took a bite and ate it after almost cutting half of the cake and placing it on his plate.

"That's for the birthday celebrant later, Matthew."

He looked at his fork filled with white icing with a sly smile.

"Just buy another one on your way. I'm sure you're not that busy, right?" He asked sarcastically because he knows how jam packed my schedule is so I dont even have time to slack off. "And oh, thank you for the free cake."

I ignored him once again as he continued munching on my friend's supposed to be cake and went straight to my car. It's almost time so I need to hurry up.

"Happy birthday, Elaine."

"Gavin! I'm glad you came! Just sit there nalang and make yourself comfortable. Maraming girls dun, malay mo, you can find yourself someone to like." She straightforwardly said with a teasing tone.

I just nodded as a response since I don't want to find someone. Well, I actually do, just not right now. I have so many things to take care of, ayoko nang may dumagdag pa.

I wouldn't even have enough time to love someone so she's for sure going to leave me for a man who can leave everything behind just to be with her 24/7.

I walked my way to where Elaine pointed. I saw some familiar faces among the crowd, but still, most of them were new to me.

Since Matthew wasn't invited, I decided to talk to random people, hoping to fit in. I exchanged a few words with them until the games started.