Chapter 13 Wind Witch

Rebecca, Gabriela and Nathaniel sat on the floor of the roof top deck. Gabriela sat on Rebecca's lap her legs extending over Nathaniel's lap her head resting on Rebecca's left shoulder. Both of the girls wearing sari pants and choli. The sun was very low and Boo was lying on the deck also her head on Nathaniel's lap as he rubbed behind her ears.

"They called me a wind witch because my emotions changed the wind," Gabriela continued in a hoarse whisper. "They were going kill me, they were terrified of me, I never hurt anyone, I couldn't do any wind changing by myself...it just happened I could feel it happening. My mom pleaded for me and so they put me alone on a distant island. I was supposed to die there I guess. Then you found me, I could see you were like me. You didn't know, but you could change the wind too."

"Oh baby, you are so much more than a wind witch, you and I are Empaths. That means we have the ability to take into our bodies the pain and injury of others. We can give comfort and with a healer we can at time assist in a cure." Rebecca was rocking Gabriela as she stroked her back. "People will call us witches but we are so much more."

"All I know is that I was dying when you both saved me." Nathaniel added. "Luckily Pete hearing the gun came and found us and had us carried home. I was barely conscious but weak and recovered quickly. You ladies slept for hours. Those three you shot have died the rest are somewhere still in hiding. There were several witnesses and your spectacular healing is talked about everywhere."

"I thought I had lost you Nat, I just pored all my life's energy into you willing to die with you when Gabby caught me and then I realized we were both Empaths and knew what to do."

"I could see you falling Becka, you were kneeling with your hands on Nat's chest but falling and falling. So I reached out and grabbed your hands, then you started bleeding and so did I... I was terrified but held on," Gabriela said.

"Bleeding?" Nathaniel asked horrified.

"We both took your wound, both of us experiencing the pain, the bleeding and the opening of the wound on our chests. We divided it between us and I was able to close it with my energy. Without the ability to divide it you would have bleed out," Rebecca answered.

"How do you know so much about witches?" Gabriela asked.

"I know three, one is my brother's wife another her sister. I never even guessed I was one too." They sat for a long time without speaking watching the sun continue to descend.

"Gabby how did you ever learn to throw rocks so accurately, you had two of those men on the run," Nathaniel asked.

"I've always been able to hit targets. It kinda feels like it does when I feel the wind move. It's how I was able to eat, I ate a ton of rats living on my island," Gabriela replied. "With a sling I can hurl as far as I can see."

"If we get slings could you teach me to hurl too," Rebecca asked.

"I would love that Becka!"

Later Nathaniel had some quiet time together as they simply held each other. Nathaniel kissed her below the collar bone on her right chest, "Is this where your wound opened Becka?"

"Yes, it was a mirror of yours. What has Grandmother and Minnie said about me being a witch?"

"They were delighted!" Nathaniel laughed. "We are already a notorious family being smugglers. Grandmother said having witches in the family makes us exotic and notorious. Now tomorrow will be busy. You need to purchase the ships stores and have them delivered. Please take Boo with you. I will arrange our cargo. I hope to ship out in a fortnight."

"Nat?" Rebecca said in her most coy voice, "I'm not really tired yet!"

"What makes you think my intentions involved sleeping?" Nathaniel whispered as he rolled her over and on top.