Epilog

The pirate threat had ended. The presence of the navy from Bountiful ensured the freedom of travel and trade was without Imperial interference, the ports and sea lanes open to all. The Imperial Dictator becoming more isolated and impotent as other nations shook free of the Imperial yoke of oppression.

The green house on Smugglers Nob was in total chaos. Wilhelmina was bustling about organizing for Gabby's betrothal party. Rebecca was busy with little Jamie who was crying signifying his need to be nursed. Nat was off somewhere getting the ship ready for the coming voyage. And Hermiony was instructing the staff regarding the refreshments as the band set up in the garden. Sweet Sixteen parties and betrothal parties were common occurrences on Karib. But this was both, and Gabby was notorious as a witch as was her sister so the party would be a crush, everyone attending. Gabby was excited and wearing a beautiful red sari as she ran around helping with the endless preparations.

Finding a moment of peace, Rebecca had time to talk to Wilhelmina, "How long has is been since you had such a party at 'Green House' Aunt Minnie?"

"To long Becka, far to long!" then laughing the women hugged and Jamie renewed his crying.