The one with the Epilogue

It's been 5 years since Rose's ordeal.

Although acquitted, she never made it back in the industry and that never bothered her. Working at a bridal boutique helped her stay occupied. The customers recognized her from somewhere, unable to put a finger on it.

She became a shadow of the once famous person. A splitting image of someone who once ruled the media industry with her looks. Now, she was ordinary. Her ex-manger and brother Hugh was happily married to Emma and about to welcome their second child. He already had a boy.

Rose herself is a mother to a beautiful girl, Gabriella. She never regretted anything in her life. Although two weeks, she knew he gave her a lifetime of happiness before leaving.

After her acquittal, various organization spearheaded movements to reveal the truth about Gabriel. What shocked the nation was James's betrayal.

Gabriel went down in history as an epitome of kindness; people would always relate his name with her and that was enough for Rose to live with.

A happy Gabriella tightened her pigtails before jumping onto her bed. Rose laid besides her. This was their usual routine for the past three years now.

"Mommy, story time" she turned to Rose. Her eyes remained Rose of Gabriel's. Although there were days when she regretted not telling him about her, she knew he is in a better place and look upon them happily.

Clearing her throat, Rose continued their regular recital.

"There once was a girl who wore a gown; she quickly became the talk of the town.

She laughed and played in the water; her clothes were disheveled, in tatter.

A Boy saw her playing from afar, his jaws were unhinged, ajar.

He showed her places, he made her famous; everyone loved her, it was unanimous.

A Prince came and stole her heart; it was difficult for them to be apart.

He left with a promise to come back later; the one who returned was a traitor.

He took her happiness and her freedom; the sad reality she never could fathom.

But the girl was strong and she had a princess; the love of her life, a reminder of his kindness.

The Boy was there for her through thick and thin; he even slayed the traitor for his sin.

Now they all live happily ever after; book closed with the end of the chapter."

Gabriella's eyelids fluttered as she slept off in her mother's arms. From the corner of her eyes, she saw a figure leaning at the door. His eyes remained on her even when she wasn't looking.

Placing the princess gently on the bed, Rose walked up to the man, her protector. It was Angel's turn to follow the routine. Kissing her forehead he wished her a good night. She smiled at him and he walked her back to her room.

"I can never get over how beautiful you made your ordeal sound" she stopped at his words. It was an ordeal, true. But she was a metal forged in fire now. Stronger than ever.

"I leaned from the best" she smirked, knowing the gloat was just beginning. As they walked back to their rooms, Angel's voice came across softly.

"Did I tell you the part about slaying the traitor clearly, you need to put that in there too. Can't let Gabriella walk around not knowing what her uncle did."

She chuckled, "You do the reading then." Her face was lit with a smiled as she whispered. "Good night Angel."

~~~

Author's Notes

Lovlies

End of chapter. Hope you all liked it. This was my first mystery thriller writing. Hope I did justice.

 Hope I did justice