The one with the reveal

"IT'S NOT HIM. GET OUT. 345 RICHMOND STREET" played as loop in her mind as Rose drove down to Claire's. Her heart paced faster than before and she parked on the opposite street. She was nervous but clever enough to have called for backup.

Hugh and Angel awaited outside while Emma slept in the parked car. When Claire's house came in view, Rose quickly got off the car and into the street. Hugh followed her inside while Angel stood guard outside.

They opened the ajar door. From the moment they entered, the house showed signs of struggle and forced entry. Hugh was quick to scan the entire house holding Rose back. He didn't want her to fall prey to any intruder who might still be lurking.

Once his check were completed, he got her in. There was no sign of any intruder now, let alone Claire. Their eyes roamed in the darkness before light was pulled up. Hugh walked towards the mess that was the kitchen. The place revealed struggle and injury. The blood stains on the white cabinet showed there was a severe injury, yet no injured being to testify.

"Get out Rose, let me check here once more before leaving."

Hugh's command was immediately adhered to as Rose moved out and reported the incident. She stood beside Angel who pacified her with a comforting touch over her shoulder.

Hugh emerged from the darkness, nodding sidewise. He couldn't trace anything else.

Rose feared for Claire's life. She knew something was wrong when she heard the voice memo. All the time she'd known Claire, she never once sounded off or angry, let alone scared. But the voice on the phone revealed otherwise.

"What was the message again"

Angel spoke to her softly. He didn't want her to relive the incident so he slowly pulled the phone off her hands and bought it closer to the ears for Hugh and his hearing.

"345 Richmond Street"

Hugh's voice shot up. He was determined to see what was at that place. He hated mystery, let alone anything to do with her baby sister's fiancé. They moved quickly. Hugh drove his car. Angel followed in Rose's. She was already struggling with the revelations of the day to protest any further.

A drive of half hour and arrays of beautiful mowed lawns and beautiful duplexes welcomes them into the suburbs. They used navigation to track the place. In between an alleyway, sat a small house tucked away in the shadows.

The families on adjacent sides never bothered to check the appearance of big cars entering the arena. It was clear. This wasn't the first time it happened in their sight.

Parked, Hugh and Emma walked over to the car behind. Hugh waited for Rose to reel out of the happenings.

An hour back, his baby sister was revealing her pregnancy and now, she sat in the co passenger seat, grabbing onto her knees and breathing heavily. He has observed Rose's behavior long enough to know she was spiraling.

Pulling her out, he calmed her with a hug. Her bump was felt across. He was not just worried for her but also for the life growing inside of hers.

Quickly, they walked inside. All of them kept Rose in between. Even Emma who was heavily carrying by now, was being protective of her best friend today.

The insides of the house was clean to everyone's surprise. It was beautifully decorated, as if the one living inside was awaiting someone. All of them spread across, searching.

Hugh accompanied Emma and Angel, Rose.

Walking upstairs, the creaking noise stopped them on their steps. They were trespassers. Had the owner been present somewhere, they could have shot the intruders in self-defense and that still would be justified.