"Cici I need shoes," Jade said and Celia threw her a pair of heels to which Jade raised her eyebrows questioningly. "Cici it's class, not the runway. Throw the Jimmy Choos back in your closet."

"We are on a healing mission. By the end of the day, Jack will be history. You are rebelling against him and your feelings," Celia said putting on a pair of sneakers.

Jade shook her head. Arguing with a mad woman was pointless. Due to the time Celia and Jade had taken dressing up there wasn't anytime left for a proper breakfast so Celia tossed Jade a banana, called it a nutritious breakfast before they ran to Celia's car, a black range rover.

On the ride to campus, Jade checked her phone. There were no new messages from Jack. It stung intensifying the pain in her chest but she refused to acknowledge it. Instead she focused on the radio listening but not paying any attention and the road that stretched in front of them and she almost fooled her mind into forgetting.

Class was a bore minus the fact that everyone actually did think Jade's outfit of the day was chic. It felt good to be flooded with compliments but it didn't help how Jade felt. She felt terrible.

Way later, after class Jade met up with Nevaeh.

"Who died?" Nevaeh joked referring to Jade's solemn expression.

"My love life," Jade muttered and Nevaeh smiled linking Jade's hand with hers.

Jade didn't smile back even though she wanted to. Nevaeh didn't talk and Jade was grateful for the silence. It was one of those days that had pretty a sunset, the type that bathed everything in a bright orange colour. Jade loved the way campus looked in that moment. Everything around her looked like the image behind a post card, an image that would look so far away, a place Jade desperately wanted to be at.

"Are you okay?" Nevaeh asked Jade after a while.

"It's only been a day," Jade teased and Nevaeh felt terrible.

"What's the one thing that you've always wanted to do with Jack that you two never did?" Nevaeh asked brightly.

Jade contemplated her answer before speaking, "We've always wanted to go to the beach."

Nevaeh grinned. "Let's do it, right now. Let's go to the beach."

"Now?" Jade asked unsurely and Nevaeh nodded enthusiastically.

"Come on," Nevaeh persuaded Jade.

It didn't take long for Jade to say yes. Something about going on a spontaneous road trip excited Jade.

"Meet me in the parking lot in twenty minutes," Nevaeh instructed Jade who nodded with a grin.

She was going to the beach!

***

Twenty minutes later, Jade had changed into shorts and a camisole, her own clothes and she was walking towards the parking lot. She spotted Nevaeh leaning against a red 1968 Chevrolet Corvette when she reached the lot.

"I see we will be travelling in style," Jade commented motioning her head towards the car and Nevaeh nodded with a grin.

"I got us some supplies," Nevaeh said showing Jade a case of beers, a bottle of wine and large bags of chips.

"I love you, you know that?" Jade told Nevaeh grinning at the mentioned supplies before she let herself in.

"And I love you too."

Nevaeh jumped into the driver's seat before she started the car and they sped out of campus.

"It was so nice of your boyfriend to lend us his car," Jade said randomly and Nevaeh fake coughed which narrowed Jade's eyes, "You stole the car didn't you?"

Nevaeh kept her eyes on the road making Jade laugh. When she heard Jade laughing she grinned.

"Desperate times call for desperate measures," Nevaeh defended herself and Jade nodded.

For the next two hours Jade and Nevaeh screamed their lungs out singing Truth hurts by Lizzo on repeat.

Why are men great 'til they gotta be great?

Woo

I just took a DNA test, turns that 100% that bit*h

Even when I'm crying crazy

Yeah, I got boy problems that's the human in me

Bling bling, then I solve 'em, that's the goddess in me

You coulda had a bad bit*h, non committal

Help you with your career just a little

Nevaeh stopped singing to look at Jade. "Jack didn't want you to help with his career, just a little."

Jade burst out laughing.

"His career was already on the rocks," Jade teased and they laughed.

They continued singing and by seven o'clock they had arrived. 

Thank you for reading! 

Question of the day: What's your favorite book? 

Mine is Anna and the French kiss. It's amazing :) 

Please don't forget to vote, comment and follow <3 

Let me know what you think!