Prologue

VelvetRingBoy: Here is the prologue  of our protagonist, Roxas Strife. It maybe short, just under two thousand words but like I stated in the bio chapter, it's my first time writing a book but I will work my hardest to make this book good like other RWBY books.

The Black Forest, an infestation of Grimm that no one would ever dare to enter, that has been deemed as a restricted area. But that didn't matter to a certain hooded figure that was slowly trudging down the path through the forest. Said certain hooded figure named Roxas Strife.

Roxas: Why is the Black Forest so complicated to just get by?

He continued down the path, going deeper in to the forest but the one that he failed to notice were the many red eyes that are following him.

Roxas: Don't know why but I have a bad feeling that something bad is going to happen.

The person stepped walking to look around him to find whatever was giving him a bad feeling. But he couldn't find anything.

Nothing at all. Or so he thought until he finally saw the red eyes of the creatures that invaded the forest. The Grimm; they had been following him the whole time once he had entered the forest. Surrounded by Beowolves and Ursas, he had no other option but to run.

So he started to run and run and run. But the Grimm were fast as well.

Roxas: (mind) Come on, Roxas! You need to get out of here quick!

He continued to run as quick as he could ever run but the Beowolves and Ursas kept on his tail.

Roxas: (mind) Damn it! They won't let up. I need to get out of the forest or at the very least give me an open field, way form the trees!

That's when he saw an open field, an opportunity that he needed so he could have enough space go against the Grimm. Once he had reached the middle of the open field, he stood still and waited for the Grimm.

Roxas: (mind) This is enough for me to give me the edge that I need.

(A/N: Roxas pulling his katana, not a staff.)

Roxas: Now it time to play. Which one of you want to go first?

The first to respond to his remark was a Beowolf that started charging at him. Roxas went into a stance and waited as the Beowolf got closer and closer. Once it was close enough, Roxas pressed the trigger on giving him a quick slash and with one swift motion he cut the Grimm in half.

 Once it was close enough, Roxas pressed the trigger on giving him a quick slash and with one swift motion he cut the Grimm in half