An Obscure Nomination

"What... What are you saying?" Yuki asked.

Yuki heard Lynden clearly but couldn't accept the words. He froze there, wondering about the possibilities of his father's horrible demise, why? What would someone gain from killing an innocent man, a family man who hasn't steered into the rocky road of sin? 

Yuki continued down vertigo, spiraling through the staircase into despair. This didn't stop Lynden from speaking even though he was well aware of the deterioration of Yuki's mental state.

"I believe some malicious and sinister organization had killed your father because they knew he was an important member here at the IJA."

Yuki's pains started to become physically alarming, the weight finally became too heavy for his knees. The liquid broke the barrier and slowly began to roll onto his dry cheeks. His heart began to pump at an extraordinary rate, beating hard enough to burst within his chest and stain his palms. He continued to fall, not aware of it, or not even looking for a way out of the continuous loop into darkness.

"What..."

The only word Yuki could muster without the pain being too much for him. He felt as if it were going to last an eternity, but it slowly declined and broke the surface tension.

"Why—What did my father have to do with the IJA? He... He was just a scientist..."

Yuki had to be dragged through the jagged broken glass as he let out more than one syllable.

"He was a scientist and he created many things here at the IJA, he helped create new tools for our agents here and even developed the very successful Rem. Core. He was extremely important to the IJA."

"What—What about..."

"Unfortunately, we have no information on the identity of your father's murderer, but the case remains open and we are—"

"Dammit!" Yuki interrupts the monotone whispers of the still mountain, letting out the wails of the forsaken. 

The agony boiled his insides, any moment now and the tea kettle will sing. His body movements were uncontrollable as he slammed the ground below him, he slowly lost control as rainfall smeared the granite tiles.

"Why... Why him... Why..."

The sorrows can easily be heard through the creaking whispers, selfishness was not a crime. Suddenly, blissful memories of toy boxes and ice cream rose from the onion crops, bright smiles through subtle shadows, and a familiar face from the past. Lab coats were the usual attire, television sounds broke the silent greeting between father and son. Breaking news, something heard quite often on prime channels, as violence struck the bricks of the castle.

"Dad, there's a criminal on the loose."

"Son, no need to worry, Justice will be served and Justice looks out for everyone within Kashitama! Gravity Man will be watching over you son."

Gravity Man is one of the many fabricated celebrities of childhood. Plastic was the closest thing to the impossible.

"Dad... but it says to stay indoors..."

"But I have to go to work, don't worry about me son. Justice will be watching over me too."

A soft embrace ensued, but strong enough to move titanium. White slowly smeared back into the canvas as the last sight was nothing more than the tails of a wrinkled lab coat became the brush, stroking heavily with each motion.

"Yuki, we are trying everything we can to solve your father's murder." Lynden softly spoke as he crouched over Yuki, who hadn't heard him get closer through the deafening sounds of a broken banshee.