A Proper Introduction

Group one was dropped off on a helipad within Kashitama where they were greeted by a male of the Hayan race, an uncommon race within Kashitama, but nonetheless, they existed. The Hayan race was similar to humans, but their characteristics were shared between humans and animals, each having its own specific relation to animals. 

The Hayan on the rooftop who clearly was awaiting group one's arrival had shared characteristics with that of a Tiger. Animals still existed but these genetic breaks weren't uncommon within this world. They separated themselves from the human race in preference for their own species even though their consciousness was very similar to humans. They were capable of everything that humans were and they weren't the only race that brought a new category separate from the human race; even though they divide in construct, they still live together on this shared planet. 

The man on the roof was quite large and wore clothing, not because it was comfortable, but simply to "fit in" to dominantly human society. An open trench with a simple white polo, black slacks, and black shoes along with proper equipment tied around his waist was all that he needed. To think, all one needs is a freshly ironed pair of clothing to become invisible. It was clear that this man was employed by the Star City law enforcement.

"You six are from the IJA I take it, you'll be rolling with me for now."

"This will be great guys, I can feel it." Yuki said, attempting to lift the mellow spirits of Alex and Kaso with just words.

"I guess..." Kaso replied.

The uplifting words of Yuki reflected off of the slimy exterior.

"Well, right now it won't." The cop replied, halting the confidence that was within a little over half of group one.

"Huh?" Yuki questioned the meaning of the man's words, but the words that he thought of only got caught in his throat.

"I was told you guys have to take the stairs all the way down."

"What? How many floors are even in this building?!"

"That's your problem, I'll meet you six at the front of the building."

And so group one had to climb down to the lobby of this building while the cop, whose appearance remained murky on whether he was fit or just obese, took the elevator. The man didn't really show much empathy in the executive order of endurance, something that the students should have expected by now, although the expected happened when their guards were dropped. 

By the time they made it down Yuki had counted at least ninety-three floors before eventually losing count; this trek didn't move the spirits of the ensemble in the slightest. The entire group's endurance training was nothing compared to limitless flights of stairs, so naturally, their stamina was sliced through the middle. The only group member who hadn't broken a sweat yet was Anastasia, even Alex hadn't seemed completely unmoved by this latest and very tedious trial. The cop who remained unidentified sat in a large pitch-black truck, the length of which was unclear to group one, but seeing him comfortably relaxing was more than enough to annoy the already irritated youths.

"We need to get to the station, so pick it up."

This remark didn't help his case much for a good first impression.

I didn't expect it to be this much of a pain in the ass already..., Yuki thought, then said "Alright... but is there even enough space for all of us?"

"Who said you all were tagging along? I'll be driving there and you all gotta make it there—" the cop paused and glanced down at his wristwatch, then continued "—by three o'clock."

"What? What time is it now?" Olivia asked.

"Hm?—Oh, one more thing, Jerome sent me these to give to the six of you—"

The cop holds out a wristwatch that appears to be much more advanced than your average smartwatch "—it is supposed to have JIL installed and it also keeps time, but that's all I know about it. Damn bastard didn't even give me one..."

"Whoa, that looks like a high-quality watch..." Yuki said, stating this even though he hadn't had the slightest knowledge of watches.

He did know a bit more than the average person about technology, after all, he built Trivy who couldn't make the trip all by himself.

"And it even has the AI system from the IJA installed in it." Kaso added.

He wasn't as knowledgeable about technology as Yuki, but he was still pretty surprised by the small incentive.

"I'm surprised they're handing these things away like free t-shirts." Vivian said.

Her knowledge of technology was much more advanced than everyone within group one, she knew how much these watches were worth just by looking at them, and it isn't cheap.

Group one accepted their gift and prepared them immediately, hoping they had more than enough time to make it to wherever the destination may be by three o'clock. The watches readily displayed the correct time once they were powered on, which fell short of the hoped time when it appeared to be 2:06.

"The time I expect you all to make it by is still three, so don't be late." The authoritarian left the scene once it was clear they were to make it to the police station by three o'clock and no later.

"JIL, how long will it take to get to the police station on foot?" Alex asked his watch.

Doing something that others hadn't thought of or hadn't really had the initiative to do so.

"By walking, we are approximately one hour and twenty-three minutes away, Alex."

"What the hell, he expects us to do this in fifty-two minutes?" Olivia asked.

This couldn't be the entire test that they were sent for, they just wouldn't accept it as just this. This wasn't difficult at all, in fact, it was simple. Endurance tests were not the strong suit of everyone within group one, but even the ones who preferred to skip a day of endurance training thought of it as another roadblock in a way, why were they being fed the same meal that they ate yesterday? The route was eventually completed, some students were still content, some were fatigued, and a few were defeated.

The Police Station wasn't large and it was lodged in between two much larger buildings that made it seem less intimidating than it wanted to let on. The cop awaited group one outside the police station, leaning against the vehicle that he departed with earlier.

"Wow, you guys actually made it on time." the cop remarked.

He was a bit surprised that the youths were able to accomplish the tedious tasks given to him by their teacher. Yuki had Kaso over his shoulder, similar to the position he found himself in quite a lot with Mistugi back at the youth endurance training outside the youth building. Kaso does not look so good, his skin became pale, and his lips shriveled up like raisins as if this was beyond his limits by a large margin.

"Kaso! Don't die on me!" Yuki yelled.

Having never experienced someone as worn out as Kaso, he only came with the most obvious outcome.

"He's not dead, he's just worn out like the rest of us!" Olivia shouted.

"Well, now that you all are done, I'll let you go off to your rooms." The cop said.

"Rooms? In the police station?" Yuki asked.

"No, You'll have to cross the street and there should be a motel there on the right-hand side, here are each of your room keys. Meet me here again tomorrow at nine o'clock and don't be late. Oh and you six will be by my hip throughout this whole month, whatever I do, you will do as well."

The entire month is made to train and challenge group one and supplement them with what it would feel like in the field as an agent of the IJA. This was their future, being without the training that is, every challenge they were to face would, quite possibly, be life or death. 

This wasn't going to be easy for them, even though it appeared that way, for now, one should never judge a home from the outside. Group one awaited whatever challenge that was in their destiny, but for the time being, sleep was the only thing on their minds.