Intermission I

Meanwhile, within Block C, where group 2 was assigned to. 

A beautiful scene of the sun just finished rising over the horizon, with a log cabin plastered in the center of the canvas, the fireplace was active, showing the authenticity of the cabin within the frame. 

An old red pickup pulled up just outside the cabin, within the yellow dried up grass that spanned throughout the area. 

Tan boots with a touch of dry soil stepped out the red pickup, and later revealed the rest of the missing pieces. 

A face dented with wrinkles and few freckles was dipped within the snow. 

The clothing was that of retirement, something that hadn't fully engulfed the experienced veteran yet. 

The man approached the secluded log cabin, and gave it a few good knocks. 

To his surprise, the response was absent, frustration was only natural, and so, out of the man's control, his revolver was pulled from his holster. 

Screams from the steel machine were appropriate, was it not?

"I told you kids to be outside by 8:30! It's 8:32 and ya aint out here!" the old man shouted, then thought, "Damn kids, they really think they're gonna make me wait for em..."

Then, appropriately enough, the door to the old cabin opened up, and on the other side was Ichi, who donned apparel that was very similar to the man across from him. 

A dingy yellow flannel with bleached jeans and boots, a sight that felt odd with a glance alone.

"We're up, old man."

"Wha... what ya call me boy?!" The old man was flabbergasted by the amount of disrespect that this child had for his elders, he questioned if this was a generational thing or was it just this boy who wasn't raised with manners.

The other students of group 2 eventually find their way outside the cabin, all dressed in attire very fitting of the culture of Block C.

"What're we doin' today?" Kumo asked.

"We'll be movin' Ms. Maldan's cattle."

"Yes! Cattle movin'!!" Kumo shouted in excitement.

"You're happy about that?" Ichi asked. 

The old man took the members of group 2 to a field that looked like it was in the middle of nowhere, something that wasn't hard to find within Block C apparently.

"Her cow usually wanders off at night and sits here eatin' grass—" they easily located the cow on the other side of the field, doing what the old man said, "—there's that sonofabitch."

All six members of group two had the brightest idea to attempt to push the lost cow, trying to motivate it to go back to Ms. Maldan's ranch. 

This, predictably, did not work, the cow probably didn't even notice the members of group two leaning on its backside.

"Why is it not moving?!" Lucas shouted.

"Why am I even out here, this is insulting!" Gamal yelled.

"Don't worry, we can do this guys!" Kumo screamed in excitement.

"Are you always this positive?" Paul asked, scratching at the reason for Kumo's positive attitude.

The sheriff didn't attempt to get involved, as it would put him in danger, so he did the only reasonable thing, shout at the youths from his pickup, "C'mon y'all, put some back into it!"

Eventually, group two got the lost cattle back to Ms. Maldan's ranch, the exercise to cover the group in filth and sweat though, and was certainly a large waste of time. It had been almost noon when they finished the task.