A Familiar Face

The ringing slowly reclined away from a black window. Muzzled voices became more distinctive. A bright polish before revealing the colors underneath the brush.

"You're finally up." Martin said. He looked at Yuki as if he died yesterday.

Yuki found himself laying back in a hospital bed. "Where are we..." Yuki slowly said, his voice stiff from waking up.

"Yuki!" Trivy shouted in excitement, completely ignoring his soft question.

"In a hospital dummy. You took quite the beating. Doctors said you had two broken arms and a couple of broken ribs. And that's just what was broken." Vivian said.

"We thought you were dead when we found you..." Kaso said softly.

"Where's Ana?!" Yuki shouted in concern as he shot up halfway from the bed. The last thing he remembers after all was Anastasia plastered into the alley wall.

"Don't worry about her. She also had broken ribs and a broken shoulder blade along with numerous bruises on her back and neck. But she got up two days ago." Martin said. He was surprised Yuki had more concern for Anastasia than he did for himself. It was clear raising from his hospital bed as quick as he did come with its own repercussions.

"Two days ago?... How long have we been here?" Yuki winced.

"It's been a week since your incident." Martin responded. 

Martin's words left Yuki in a state of confusion. Just how bad was this? This is a question that has been answered numerous times already. Yuki finally retracted himself from his confusion, and simply asked "Did you catch him?"

"Unfortunately no—But—I did call the IJA." Martin replied.

"Huh?"

Yuki didn't know how to respond to this, was it greed that drove him to a door filled with anger? Was it because he wanted to be the one responsible for bringing Theo in? He wanted that pleasure for himself, maybe that was true, but today is not that day.

"They sent an agent already. This serial killer case has gone way too far, and two youths got hurt on my watch—" Martin paused in disappointment with himself for allowing this to happen, then continued, "—The agent arrived two days ago and has been waiting to talk to you first."

"Why?" Yuki wasn't completely back to himself after hearing the news of the IJA being called, so his question was released with some attitude.

"You can see him for yourself. See you soon." Martin said before he began to leave the hospital room.

"Who is it?" Yuki asked. The question was left unanswered, it was too late for Martin to answer that question. The question was asked aloud, so the others within the room may have an answer to it.

"Only like one of the most important agents in the IJA, he's a division captain too." Kaso replied. This response only strengthened Yuki's curiosity. Just who was this world-class agent that was dragged down to clean up the mess that group one made?

"Really... Someone that strong..."

Yuki remembered the time when Kaso told him about Asami's father, who he specifically said was also a division captain. So he's on her father's level then... Yuki was anxious to see whomever this agent was. What does an agent of that caliber even look like?

The voice of the unfamiliar could be heard in the hall conversing with Martin, whose words were distinguished from the fog.

"He's up." Martin said from the hall.

Yuki began to stare at the door. Waiting. Waiting for this agent who wouldn't leave the hospital until he awoke. Was he really that important? Just who was it? Did Yuki know him already? So many questions kept bubbling up, but the conclusion to each and every one of them was just behind that door. Why? Why did it feel as if this was taking forever to happen? Why can't the door just swing open already?