What it Takes / The Student VI

Bright. Too Bright. What is that? Where... Where am I? 

My vision hasn't fully recovered from being awoken by bright lights, but I can tell that I've been bound. Just what the hell is this anyway, the last thing I remember was falling asleep as soon as I saw the alluring bed last night. This room, this isn't my bedroom, nor is it anything remotely similar to what was within the motel.

"Where the hell..."

The man assigned to train us for this month was standing there in the doorway with that damn flashlight beaming into my eyes, what was the meaning of this?

"You're finally up, now we can start."

"What? Why am I tied up?!"

"Don't worry, you're not the only one, all of you are tied up."

This can't be happening...

"Sup..." Alex said.

He was in the corner of my eye, also zip-tied the same way I was. Why was he so careless about this?

"How long have we been here?!"

"This looks like something out of a horror movie!" Father shouted.

Once again stating the obvious, sometimes I believe he does that just to toy with me, I'm still not completely sure yet.

"I'll leave you all to it—I'll be right outside the room and you all have until sunrise to get out of this room—If you don't—You Fail—and will be sent back to IJA Headquarters."

What is this, is this guy nuts or something? Has he lost his mind? He can't do this, can he?

"What other option do you have though, you have to take him seriously, after all, he is the proctor of this mission." Father said.

Yet again confirming the bluntly obvious, something that I didn't want to harshly admit to myself right away.

"Good luck."

And just like that, the teacher left the room and made sure to lock the door as he left. What the hell is this? Who wants to be woken up to something like this, finding themselves tied up and being informed that this is necessary? Just how the hell did this guy get into our rooms last night?

"Well, he could have made extra keys, son."

Thanks, dad, thanks again... I guess we don't have time to waste.

"You guys got any plans?"

We're stuck in here, might as well work together. The room looks like a room where you keep a furnace, bland and pipes everywhere, the only thing in it was us and a table with stuff on it.

"First, we'll need to get out of these restraints." Vivian said.

"How?... and we don't even know when the sunrise will be..." Kaso replied.

"He's right, there are no windows in this room, sunrise can be in thirty minutes for all we know." Olivia replied.

Only making this more difficult than it has to be. Then suddenly, Anastasia acted without saying a word, she swiftly pulled her legs through the restraints, making it so her hands weren't behind her back, she made this seem like something she could've done in her sleep. She stood up, still not saying a single word as she was doing all this, has she forgotten that we're a team?

"Hey, help us get out too."

As soon as I finished, she glanced at me with disgust as if I had done the most heinous crimes to her or her loved ones, just what the hell was with that look anyway? She walked towards the table and disregarded what I said, what nerve, she was just saving her own ass.