❧ CHAPTER 69

season 12 episode 22

Resting her head on Owen's chest in the on-call room, Natalia played around with Owen's fingers as she continued her response to his question a few days ago, "So, yeah, as much as I want another kid, I think we should wait until the kids aren't to...

Resting her head on Owen's chest in the on-call room, Natalia played around with Owen's fingers as she continued her response to his question a few days ago, "So, yeah, as much as I want another kid, I think we should wait until the kids aren't tornados."

"Mm." Owen hummed, nodding his head lightly before looking over at her, "So never?" Natalia rolled her eyes with a chuckle as he continued, "... You do realize your whole ramble sounded more like a TedTalk conference than an actual response, right? And that I was messing around when I asked you?"

Natalia paused, her eyes slowly drifting to Owen as she squinted at him, "...You're kidding, right?"

Owen chuckled, "I already knew your response-- 'the twins are tornados'."

Natalia scoffed, rolling her eyes as she pushed him, "Jerk."

Owen laughed, grabbing the hand she pushed him with as he looked at her, "It's what you get for prank you pulled with Karev."

"Oh, come on." Natalia reasoned, laughing at the thought of it, "It was funny!"

After finding out the oversized robe Natalia had on fit Alex, she snuck him into her house one morning and made a half-asleep Owen believe she was downstairs in the kitchen. 

Owen found himself holding onto Alex's waist as Natalia recorded a video-- which had Owen immediately wake up when he heard Natalia giggling and saw it was Alex in a wig. She sent it to Jackson and Elliot, who showed it to April, who sent it to Meredith, who showed it to Amelia, who sent it to Maggie, who sent it to Riggs. 

Owen was not happy about the overall teasing. 

"It was not." Owen reasoned as Natalia climbed over him since she was getting paged.

"You're right," Natalia nodded, grabbing her pager as she noted, "it was hilarious." 

Hearing Natalia groaned, Owen frowned his eyebrows as he sat up, "Robbins and Torres?"

"Yep." Natalia sighed deeply, "They keep asking me to be one of their witnesses."

"Mm." Owen nodded, "And you are...?"

"Going to the court session but not choosing sides." Natalia answered, placing the pager on her waistband as she sighed, "I want to see how this goes."

Walking into the attending's lounge with Arizona and Callie, Natalia thought it would be easy to diffuse the court battle for Sofia and have the two make up.

And then reality hit her like a truck.

"Because you're moving to New York, Callie!" Arizona reasoned as Natalia held her face in her hands by the couch as the two yelled at each other, "You're taking Sofia away from her school, her friends, her family," She pointed at Natalia, "her aunt!"