❧ CHAPTER 11

season 6 episode 22

Natalia felt bad for Mark when Sloan not only decided to give her baby up for adoption, but when he told Callie, Arizona, and her that this baby basically felt like a part of him

Natalia felt bad for Mark when Sloan not only decided to give her baby up for adoption, but when he told Callie, Arizona, and her that this baby basically felt like a part of him. Yes, she does have a deep connection with Mark but she's not his child and their parents are dead.

After a discussion with Derek on finding out what happened on her days off, he told her about a patient he had named, "Gary Clark," who sued the Hospital for wrongful death after they had to follow orders on a D.N.R.. She remembered him as the man who she saw when she was in the nurse's station crying and seeing Lexie pull the plug.

But that was days ago, now she was in Meredith and Derek's house as she and Cristina relaxed in the kitchen, stealing food before it was taken out to the public. 

"Oh, oh oh!" Cristina exclaimed, reaching her hand out for the hors d'oeuvres that were about to be sent out while Natalia put her hand in the jar of cookies and raided Meredith and Derek's kitchen.

Natalia stuffed her mouth with another cookie as Owen walked in, surprised to see both women eating. Cristina, with her mouth full, answered Owen's unasked question, "Mm, I'm getting first dibs on all the finger food before it gets sucked down by the masses and Natalia is raiding the kitchen for sweets." A waitress passed by in-between the two, "Thank you!" Cristina said as she grabbed a martini off of her tray.

Both Cristina and Natalia decided to swallow the food they were eating as Owen said, "Let's move in together." And quickly, the sounds of choking were heard.

Natalia cleared her throat, "I'm gonna give you two privacy." She moved out of the room to join Meredith's side as they both looked at Owen and Cristina talking.

"Good. You can't answer." Owen commented as he looked at Cristina softly coughing onto the napkin, "I-I-- that's good. I don't want you to. I ran it past my shrink. She thinks it's a good idea. So think about it-- me, you, in our own place."

"Yes."

"What--y-yes?" 

"Yes, yes yes."

"Yes?"

"Yes," Cristina raised the glass in her hand, "but I need to warn you that this is my fourth martini, and my judgement is severely impaired. Also... I'm a real easy lay right now." 

Natalia cringed as those last few words escaped Cristina's mouth and Owen's lips were placed on hers. Natalia looked away sharply, not wanting to see her two friends make out and looked at Meredith's face, and it easily read 'unhappy'.

Natalia worked on a patient with Callie, Reed, and Lexie as she attempted to push away her petty thoughts because she had just found out that her brother and Reed had slept together the night before.