❧ CHAPTER 12

season 6 episodes 23 & 24

Natalia passed the patient's chart over to Percy as she clicked her pen into her pocket, a smile on her face as she remembered the exciting news Meredith had told her and Cristina before she had to meet Dr

Natalia passed the patient's chart over to Percy as she clicked her pen into her pocket, a smile on her face as she remembered the exciting news Meredith had told her and Cristina before she had to meet Dr. Bailey to inform the patient on her results-- Meredith was pregnant and she was going to tell Derek tonight. 

"Shut up."

"I'm sorry." Dr. Bailey said as she faced her patient, "I'm truly sorry."

The patient, Mary, signed as she looked at her husband, "Honey, are you hearing this?"  

"I told you. You know, I told her, Dr. B?" The husband responded.

"That doesn't mean I like it... I really can't have my second surgery today?"

"Dr. Sloan?"

"Your hemoglobin and hematocrit are extremely low. Your tank is empty, you need a blood transfusion before we can operate." 

The patient shook her head, not wanting to believe the news that her second surgery really couldn't be done today, "Shut up."

Natalia smiled as she grabbed the chart back from Charles, "Alrighty." 

Mary sighed once more, "Do you know how long I've been living with a colostomy bag? A bag of my poop is attached to me. Do you know what that's like? It's gross. It's truly the grossest thing I've ever had to deal with. And I'm starving because I can't eat solid food for 24 hours before the surgery. Starving." Mary gestured her head towards Charles, "I would eat you if I could." 

"Yeah," Her husband added, "on the plus side, that means no poop in the bag."

Mary whispered to her husband with a hint of a smile on her face, "Bill." 

Dr. Bailey laughed, "Okay, we're gonna get some blood and urine. Dr. Percy and Dr. Sloan are gonna monitor your blood levels. And tomorrow,  we'll see if we can help lose the poop bag. And let's get you some food so you don't eat Dr. Percy. I don't like him, but he's useful." 

Natalia laughed as Mary continued, "Can I have real food? Like pizza... from that one place near that one spot with, um, pepperoni and sausage and ham?" 

"If you get the pizza," Dr. Bailey said as she got farther from Mary and closer to the door, "You also get the bowel prep and enema that comes with it."

"Totally worth the pizza! Bring it on." 

Bill smiled at his wife as he got up and placed a kiss on her lips, "Back in 15 minutes." 

Natalia minded her own business as she checked off a few things on Mary's chart before closing it and holding it with one arm. 

"Oh, how hot is my husband's ass?" Mary asked as Bill began to walk away, which caused Natalia's face to redden a smidge as she held in a laugh.