❧ CHAPTER 55

season 11 episode 13

People could say giving birth is the hardest thing a woman could go through

People could say giving birth is the hardest thing a woman could go through. Going through that experience twice? Hard to imagine. After today, Natalia would be mind-blown on how women pregnant with more than two could do it, but for now, she had to do the hardest thing ever.

"She came over to my apartment, offered a bottle of sparkling water and I kissed her. Then she told me she was busy with Herman's tumor and that was that." Elliot recalled, distracting Natalia from the pain as April braided Natalia's hair.

Natalia laughed, wanting to say something about the scenario being a 'classic Amy move,' before she stopped and held onto the bed rails as Jackson entered the room with Natalia's 'B.B.' also known as 'birthing bag', "Still no sign of Owen?"

Natalia glared at him, "We're not calling him over until two more hours."

Elliot looked down at his beeping pager and looked up at Natalia, "I'll be back after the surgery." He opened the door and turned back to her, "Good luck."

Having her eyes already on the door, Natalia watched as Elliot left and Ronnie walked inside, "How're we doing here?"

"Ronnie." Natalia reprimanded, "I told you--"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm not gonna see anything down there to be emotionally scarred." Ronnie nodded, rephrasing what Natalia had warned him about and she rolled her eyes and held onto the bed rail again, "So," he smiled, his cheery persona seeping through, "Pain level?"

Natalia shook her head lightly, careful that she wouldn't mess up April's braid crown, "There's not enough numbers to describe what I'm feeling." Jackson gave her a look, knowing she was being a bit overdramatic and she smiled, "But definitely a crying happy face."

Sitting in the gallery, Owen watched over Amelia cut the tumor away from the gyrus rectus as an intern approached him, tapping him hesitantly on the shoulder to take his attention away from the tumor.

"U-Uh," The intern stuttered, "C-Chief Hunt..."

Owen quirked an eyebrow, "Yes?"

"Dr. Sloan would like for you to know that, even though it's been five hours, she's been in labor--"

Owen jumped out of his seat with eyes doubled their size, "What?"

Running into Natalia's birthing suite, Owen saw Jackson sigh in relief as he rubbed Natalia's back, "Thank God you're here."

Owen rushed over and replaced Jackson, rubbing Natalia's back as she breathed through the contractions, "Why did I have to find out from an intern five hours later that you were in labor?"