❧ CHAPTER 57

season 11 episode 17

"Ell-- Uh, Dr. Hemingway," Amelia corrected, her eyes glancing over a resident scrubbing out as Elliot walked inside.

"Uh," Elliot started, "did you finish your laminectomy in O.R. two?" 

"I did." Amelia nodded, "Uh, did you need...?"

"Oh," Elliot watched the resident leave but continued in case he was in earshot, "I'm just trying to see if I can get in here for a thoracotomy."

Amelia nodded, watching the door fully close before stepping closer to Elliot, "I felt like last night's business was left... unfinished."

Elliot smiled, glad he wasn't the only one, "You felt that way, too?"

Amelia smiled back, "Many agenda items left unchecked."

"Yeah," Elliot agreed, "barely scratched the surface, really."

"I think we need a follow-up."

"Agreed."

"When we won't be... interrupted." Amelia tilted her head, referencing the awkward moment when Natalia walked in on both of them. Elliot chuckled, both of them leaning forward before they quickly separated after Amelia's phone rang, "Oh, my God."

Amelia began to walk away and Elliot quickly turned around, "Hey, uh, how about tonight, if you're not on call?"

Amelia smiled, "I'm not."

Elliot nodded, "Okay, then."

"Okay." Amelia smiled brightly, turning back to open the door and leave before turning her head back to make eye contact with Elliot and left.

"Evelyn!" Natalia closed the curtain behind her as she entered the trauma room and glanced at Amelia taking care of her head lac, "What happened?"

"Oh," Evelyn waved a hand, not wanting to make a big deal out of the situation, "I slipped in the shower." 

Natalia nodded, knowing Owen would probably mention something about wanting a support bar for Evelyn's shower, and frowned her eyebrows at firefighter standing next to Evelyn, "And you are...?"

"Oh," The man got up, extending a hand to Natalia, "I'm sorry. I'm John."

Natalia accepted the handshake and remembered the conversation she had with Evelyn last time Evelyn went to visit the twins and said something about meeting a guy, "Oh, my God!" Natalia smiled, "You're John!"

Natalia her hand away as the curtain opened, revealing Owen and Webber. "Mom!" Owen started walking inside, "What happened?!"

"For heaven's safe, Owen," Evelyn pointed behind him, "Shut that curtain. Everyone can see me."