❧ CHAPTER 16

season 7 episode 4

The bathroom quickly became crowded as Lexie, April, Jackson, Alex, and Natalia filled it in

The bathroom quickly became crowded as Lexie, April, Jackson, Alex, and Natalia filled it in. Jackson was finishing his shower while Lexie shaved her legs, Alex brushed his teeth, April combed her hair, and Natalia washed her face.

Natalia and April shared a mirror until Alex came in to spit, causing April to move to the side, "Oh." 

Jackson opened the shower door, "Towel."

Natalia grabbed the towel to her right before passing it to Jackson blindly as April looked away from Jackson's naked body, "Oh." April moved a smidge to get away from Natalia's arm and accidentally bumped into Lexie.

"Ow!" Lexie groaned in pain, the blade having cut her.

"Oh, sorry." April sincerely apologized to Lexie as she looked down.

"Jeez."

"Sorry."

Lexie looked up at Jackson, "Yeah."

Natalia grabbed a towel to dry her face as she heard Derek outside the bathroom, "You know this isn't normal, right?" And she chuckled. 

"Dr. Herman?" Natalia questioned as she looked at her pager in the residents lounge, realizing she was in Dr. Herman's service today.

"Oof." Jackson commented from next to her as he changed into his scrubs and Natalia tied her shoes.

"What?"

Turning to see Natalia's innocent face, Meredith told her, "She's no joke, if she doesn't see your potential when you're there she basically kicks you out, she mostly works with fellows."

Jackson nodded, "I had a free day that day." 

"What--"

"She's fetal surgery." Cristina answered from the doorway, "It's like Peds but hardcore."

Natalia frowned, "Peds is hardcore."

Cristina nodded, "Uh-huh."

Alex agreed with Natalia, "It is. And--"Natalia was already out the door before Alex could finish what he was saying, running to the E.R. where she was paged.

"Dr. Sloan?" Natalia heard Dr. Herman ask as her sneakers skid to a halt, turning her head sharply before walking to her and the pregnant patient with a piece of glass protruding outside of her stomach. 

"Dr. Herman." Natalia smiled, grabbing the chart Dr. Herman passed to her as she walked inside, briefly facepalming.

Natalia slightly groaned as she placed the books she got from the research library in the "intern hangout" where Meredith, Cristina, Lexie, and April were having lunch.