❧ CHAPTER 9

season 6 episode 11

Natalia was excited  to work with Dr

Natalia was excited  to work with Dr. Webber in general surgery today. She followed him as he spoke to her about how it wouldn't be a rushed day with surgeries until they stopped in front of Owen's patient's room and took note to an interesting surgery, so with an explanation from Webber, they both nodded and proceeded to check out the x-rays.

The sound of a chart hitting against the desk in the nurse's station brought alarm to Webber and Natalia, who looked up to see Owen looking over his patient's labs. 

"Uh, Hunt." Dr. Webber asked, putting down the x-rays in his hands onto the desk.

"Mm."

"These are your scans... I was just looking around. Uh, that's quite a tumor." Webber smiled as he placed his hands on his hips and Natalia nodded.

"Huge." Owen replied, "There's probably nothing to be done."

"Hmm, you mind if i take a stab at it?" Owen looked up with confusion in his blue eyes, "Well, it sounds strong to you, I'm sure but, uh," Cristina picked up the x-rays on the table as Natalia looked at Owen to see if he would let them in on a case, "I only have a few years left in the game, and there may not be so many big tumors left for me."

Owen let out a small breath as he sympathetically looked at Webber, "Of course. You're welcome to it."

While Cristina looked at him with eyes of fury as Natalia whispered low enough so only she could hear, "Oh, Owen. You big dummy." 

"Thanks, Hunt. You're a good egg."

Cristina began to shake her head furiously as she looked at Owen, "What are you doing?"

"I'm sure you've got work to do, Dr. Yang." Webber's intimidating voice rang out as he passed the chart back to Natalia. Owen and Webber both stared at each other until Webber pointedly looked at him, "Chart?"

"Oh." Owen passed the chart to Richard, who gave it to Natalia as they both began to walk down the hallway. Natalia with a smirk as Richard smiled, hearing Owen get reprimanded by Cristina to tell him to get back his case. 

Once Cristina pieced everything together for Owen, he ran down the hallway, yelling, "Dr. Webber!" until eventually, Webber and Natalia both stopped. "Dr. Webber," Owen started, "I'd like to keep Audrey Taylor. She was my case--"

Webbed turned around to face Owen, "You gave it to me."

Cristina pointed her finger at Richard as she accusingly stated, "Oh, no, you swiped it."

Before Owen could say, "Cristina--" Natalia looked at Cristina and Owen and calmly said, "No, he gave the patient to Webber as a gift. Come on, Cristina, you were there."

 "He swiped it 'cause it's got Harper Avery written all over it."

Richard looked at Owen as he explained himself, "When Dr. Avery was here, he did mention that I need to dive back into my research. This case would be perfect for that--"