❧ CHAPTER 44

extra ! + season 10 episode 3

Natalia leaned against the wall as she watched Owen move their last piece of furniture, which was the couch that they spent what felt like hours in the store arguing over until Owen caved and got the comfortable couch, around the living room

Natalia leaned against the wall as she watched Owen move their last piece of furniture, which was the couch that they spent what felt like hours in the store arguing over until Owen caved and got the comfortable couch, around the living room. Moving in with Owen wasn't much of a hassle since she let Owen, Derek, and Jackson paint the rooms because she trusted Derek's decision in colors and Owen would sometimes consult her in on what rooms they would paint a certain color and she was in charge of picking the interior design. The only thing Owen and Natalia really argued over was the couch because he didn't think it would fit in with the room, and to his surprise, it fit perfectly. 

"It's not gonna fit in with the house, Lia." Owen argued, pointing at the couch Natalia was instant that they should get.

"Yes, it will." She sat down, "Call Derek, he'll tell you."

"The couch is going to make the house look off."

"Just sit down, Owen." Natalia gestured for him to sit down next to her. She didn't want to get any other couch than the one she was on because it was the most comfortable and she could definitely picture herself sleeping on it after a movie as well. 

Owen huffed, "I'm calling Derek."

"Okay," Natalia shrugged, "he's gonna side with me."

"You don't know that-- Hey, Derek..." He trailed off, starting to talk to Derek about the couch as Natalia took out her phone to call Jackson.

Natalia heard him answer, "Hey, Jackson--"

"April just told me she's rethinking her engagement with Matthew to be with me."

Owen came back to Natalia, "So he said the couch..." He looked at her shocked face, "...what?"

Natalia shook her head, taking the phone slightly away from her ear, "I'm going to assume he liked the couch?"

Owen hesitantly nodded, "Yes... but--"

"But he liked the couch, it goes with the house, I trust the man who built his own home." She kissed Owen on the cheek, "Now, I need to consult with Jackson about something so I'm gonna continue my talk with him, you should really sit down on the couch."

 She hummed as she saw the spot Owen placed the couch, "A little bit to the right." He moved it, "Nah, go back to the left." He moved the couch, "Actually--"

"Okay," Owen sighed, tiredly leaning on the comfortable couch, "how about you take a picture and see where you want it to go?"

"See, I would," Natalia explained with a smirk, recalling the fact that Owen hadn't wanted her to help with any of the heavy lifting around their house, "but maybe lifting a phone is 'too much' for me."