❧ CHAPTER 28

a/n : this chapter is supposed to be meredith's dream of what her life would've been, so it's basically an a.u. chapter. 

season 8 episode 13

Natalia held hands with Jackson as they entered the hospital they both worked at under Chief Ellis Grey

Natalia held hands with Jackson as they entered the hospital they both worked at under Chief Ellis Grey. Waving a 'hello' to her best friend Owen Hunt, the surgeon in charge of trauma, and Dr. Altman as she and her boyfriend walked in the resident's lounge and got ready for the day.

"Oh, my God! When?" April asked Meredith, who was showing her new flashy engagement ring. 

"Last night." Meredith smiled, "I mean, I kind of thought he would, and then, sure enough." Meredith paused, "Are you okay, April? 'Cause I know-- I mean, I knew this was gonna be hard for you, but--"

"Oh."

"You are going to find someone, April. And Charles is really into you."

Natalia made a face as she heard what Meredith said and handed Jackson his I.D.

"Ugh! I know, I know, but Charles is--"

"Hi." Charles chuckled, interrupting April as he walked inside, "Hey, April. Charles is what?"

Charles walked towards his cubby and April sighed, "Nothing." She looked back at Meredith, who was staring at her, "No, no, no. I am thrilled. Have you told anyone else?" 

"Besides my parents, no. You're my person."

Natalia whispered to Jackson, "I mean, technically, she just told all of us."

Jackson rolled his eyes and April grabbed Meredith's hand again, "Oh, God, this is so beautiful. You guys, you're gonna be, like, the next Shepherds."

"Screw that." Meredith scoffed, "We're gonna be the next Webbers."

"Okay, how did he do it? Tell me everything."

"Okay, so last night, we went out to dinner, and he--" Meredith stopped talking as Cristina walked inside, the room began to grow cold as she walked towards her cubby.

"Good morning." Jackson greeted.

"Are you talking to me?" Cristina asked, not looking at him.

"Jackson..." April started, signaling for him to stop as Meredith spoke next.

"Don't feed the animals." 

Natalia scoffed at the remark and looked at Cristina, who stared at Meredith before rolling her eyes, "Every single one of you can suck my--"

"Hey!" Alex walked in, "How's everybody doing this morning? Everybody ready to kick some butt?" Natalia rolled her eyes, not ready to soak in 'Happy Alex's Mood' so early in the morning as she began to feel sick, "Let's run the board, guys. Avery?"