"And how about Jennie?" Chaeyoung turned away from the window, staring right into Lisa's eyes. Slightly matching the intensity. "How about her and Ella. You've accepted it, but did they? You're ok with dying, but are they? You're ok with leaving this world, thinking your existence doesn't matter, but how about Jennie?"

Lisa's eyes widened obviously taken back. She opened her mouth to speak, leaning forward but nothing came to her mouth. No words.

"Ella isn't yours but you care a lot about her and she's grown to love you, hasn't she?" Chaeyoung's eyes softened, "You showed Jennie the true meaning of love but now you're just going to take it away from her?"

Lisa clenched her fist, "That's not-"

"It may not look like it to you, Lisa, but you deserve the heart." Chaeyoung hummed.

Lisa let her hands fall to her sides defeatedly. She let her head hang low, pointed down as she had nothing else to counter that. Even if she did, Lisa knew Chaeyoung was set on her decision. Which, to an extent, angered her. "Chaeyoung, please, reconsider.."

Lisa looked up, and met with tired brown eyes. Eyes that seemed exhausted to continue to blink through the day. A warm, subtle smile was plastered on Chaeyoung's soft features. "Besides, the heart isn't fit for me anyways. If I were to do the surgery, there's a rare chance of me surviving."

Chaeyoung looked away from Lisa, staring out of her window. She sighed, almost blissfully.

"I don't want to die just yet. I want to stay, even if it's just for a while."

****

Tzuyu let out a subtle chuckle. Her expressions softening slightly as she listened to Lisa's story. She couldn't say she's surprised, after all, that sounded like what Chaeyoung would say. So cryptic yet so understandable. It was a paradox of some sort.

Lisa slowly brought her hand up her chest, clutching onto the fabric of her hospital gown slightly, "I'm happy. I really am. But I'm guilty."

Tzuyu looked up and saw the way Lisa's expression contorted to one of guilt. Her eyebrows furrowed, head leaning forward as she let out a choked sob.

"Because of me, Chaeyoung can't live her life to the fullest." Lisa sniffled, burying her face into her hands, "I'm a horrible friend, Tzuyu. And I get why you would be mad at me. I get it because I am too. I tried to persuade her, tried so damn hard to change her mind but Chaeyoung- she doesn't budge."

Tzuyu stood up, grabbing a glass of water and handing it to Lisa. She had a soft expression but Lisa couldn't really tell what the younger girl was thinking.

After a while, Tzuyu spoke up, "Chaeyoung told me Jennie has a child, Ella?" She leaned against her chair, "That's her her name right?"

Lisa blinked again Tzuyu, confused as to why the subject changed so suddenly. The younger girl seems unfazed of this abrupt topic but swam along with it. "Yeah. But she isn't mine.. if that's what you're thinking. Well I mean, she can't be mine since you know, body stuff- what I'm trying to say is Ella isn't mine."

Tzuyu nodded and Lisa was thankful she didn't chuckle at her lame rambling. The former looked up at Lisa, "If you don't mind me asking, who-?"

Seeming to know this was coming, Lisa offered a reassuring smile through her slightly puffy eyes. "Before me, Jennie had a boyfriend. Things got a little hectic and Ella was a product of those two. Said boyfriend left after finding his soulmate and left Jennie and Ella to their own. I kind of swooped in and helped out after seeing Ella and Jennie in this same hospital as me. Then it goes on from there."

"Oh." Tzuyu chuckled, "It's romantic how fate really brought you two together."

"Really is."

Tzuyu looked away from Lisa, opting to stare outside of the window. There was a certain peace to it that sent shivers down her spine, but it was all the more enticing. Tzuyu wished she could look at it more. Wanting to bask in the silence of the outside world rather than to leave and meet with the noisy cities.

"You we're mad at me, right?" Lisa looked away from her clenched fists and up at Tzuyu.

Tzuyu opened her mouth to deny such a thing but knew that her demeanour will only betray her. Wanting to not make a fool of herself, Tzuyu sighed, putting her hands together, "I was."

Lisa nodded, smiling with such a carefree attitude, "Don't worry. I was mad at me too." Lisa let out a breath, "I think I still am."

Tzuyu hummed, not knowing what to say. She would say that her frustration would've dissipated in seconds but what's the use of lying? Lisa was aware of what she felt - of the pure irritation and, perhaps, anger - and Tzuyu knew lying would do them both no good.

The silence between the two of them grew and soon it was just the buzz of hospital air conditioner that sung in the room. It was monotonous and continued to drone on, but it wasn't irritating. Maybe it was, but they were both used to it.

They heard it everyday after all.

Tzuyu sighed, straightening her back as she tore her eyes away from the window to Lisa's figure. "I should get going." She cleared her throat, "Take care Lisa, and be careful with your new heart. Don't stress Jennie out too much."

Lisa chuckled, amused by the light teasing thag somehow squeezed itself in considering the rather heavy atmosphere. It wasn't heavy in a sense that there was thing lingering anger; it was more of this wandering sense of disappointment.

"Thanks." Lisa smiled, watching Tzuyu's figure retreat towards the door.

As Tzuyu grabs the knob and pulls it towards her, she stops and keeps her back turned away from Lisa. "You feel guilty right? And you want to make up for Chaeyoung's decision?" She muttered.

Lisa nodded, but figure Tzuyu wouldn't see, "I'd do anything.." She trailed off.

Tzuyu turned her head slightly, a soft smile on her features - a smile that didn't reach her ears or expressed any type of joy but instead relayed the utter sorrow in her heart - as she looks back at Lisa. "Then do Chaeyoung a favour-

-And live your life to the fullest, Lisa."

***

Thank you for reading this chapter! See you in the next one :)