t h i r t e e n

Thank you
~

"Morning."

"Chaeng? What are you doing here." Her voice was rough and raspy. It was evident and anyone could tell the loss of hope within her big doe eyes; it's heartbreaking, to say the least.

Chaeyoung smiled weakly. She brought up a plastic bag, the faint logo of some sort of chip brand showing through its slightly transparent material. "I thought maybe you'd want some company. After all, who wouldn't want some soda and chips?"

"Aren't both of those bad for me?"

"Soda and chips are mine." Chaeyoung smirked, "The apple is yours to keep, Lisa." She laughed at the girl's response; which was basically a pout and an unstatisfied expression. Chaeyoung only added to the fire by sticking her tongue out.

"Aren't those bad for you too?" Lisa sat up, adjusting herself so she'd be accustomed to the small table beside her. She weakly grabbed the apple, her slim fingers taking hold of fresh fruit.

Chaeyoung sighed, shrugging. "Doesn't matter." She muttered. Lisa looked up but she didn't say anything knowing full well that the shorter girl would deny it.

After a few minutes, Chaeyoung took a deep breath, "How's Jennie?" She looked at Lisa, who's face fell at the mention of her name.

"Hopeful as ever." Lisa sighed. She glanced down at her arm, the words I Love You stayed longer and it shot an arrow through Lisa's tainted heart. "If only I could stay longer."

Chaeyoung looked at her, her eyes filled with sympathy for the taller girl. "Don't say that." Lisa smiled at her slight enthusiasm; however, she only looked away from the bitter sweet memories.

"She always stays longer but mine-" Lisa took a deep breath, holding in every temptation to shed a tear, "The-.."

Chaeyoung fiddled with the hem of her shirt. Her mind slowly going into haywire as she was unsure of how to take Lisa out of this mindset. To save her from this painful life. To give her and Jennie the happiness they deserves. "You really love Jennie don't you?" Chaeyoung looked up.

Lisa nodded, "Of course I do. That's why I sometimes hate it that she was my soulmate." Lisa grumbled, her fists clenched from pure frustration. "It'll haunt her for the rest of her life. And you know what happens when a soulmate dies. What happens to the other, right? It'll just be painful memories. Everyday for her. You know that, right?"

Chaeyoung closed her eyes.

"I do."

~

"Solar are you sure about this?"

"To be honest with you Byul? No." Solar sighed, running her fingers steadily through her hair. A thin file folder sat in front of her yet it seemed like it was the end of everything she hoped for.

Moonbyul's lips curved into a frown, "But you love that kid. You probably love her like she was your own child." The younger of the two sat on the white desk table, her arms crossed.

"That's the thing. I love that kid and I want what's best for her. But if I don't do this, she said she'll hate herself.. but if I do give it-" Solar breathed in, her fingers running shakily through her hair, "I'm not sure when we can find another heart."

Moonbyul sighed, her slim fingers quickly taking hold of Solar's. "Follow what's in your heart." The latter looked up, her tired eyes met with sympathetic ones, "Maybe the best decision is, well, to do what Chaeyoung said. Even her mother said that, right?"

Solar winced at the mention of her patient's mother. When she told Chaeyoung's mom about her daughter's decision, all she could say was that whatever Chaeyoung decided, she'll allow it. Although she said that, Solar saw the tears that ran down the mother's cheeks, her hesitance to say those words and the sorrow in her eyes. It was an awful scene to witness. So heartbreaking.

"I'm your girlfriend, right?" Solar quickly wiped away the little tears that started to form. "Shouldn't you be on my side?" She sniffled, looking away to hide her coming tears.

Moonbyul chuckled, a sad smile on her face. She kneeled in front of Solar, her hand holding the older girl's hand tight, "Look at me." She whispered and Solar reluctantly followed. The older girl really was crying a river, though her sniffles were kept in.

"I know I should be on your side." Moonbyul smiled, trying her best to comfort the older girl with the warmth of her hands.

"But it's better if you do it. Solar, if this is what Chaeyoung wants and it makes her happy, then let her. You know that kid; you know how much she loves to help me people."

"-Solar, if you don't do this and she gets the heart, she might regret just being alive."

~

Hello everyone :)

I apologize for the lack of updates. I had a family emergency and my school work has also been pretty stressful. This book will still continue, don't worry, but the updates will be a little slow. Sorry about that everyone :)

Anyways, thank you for reading this chapter