f o u r t e e n

Don't go
~

"Agh-!"

"Chaeyoung!" Mina ran by the younger girl's side, her arm supporting the fragile body beside her. The younger of the two let out short breaths, as if trying her best control some kind of incoming panic. "If you need water, just ask me ok?" She whispered, straightening Chaeyoung's back.

The shorter girl slowly stood straight, her eyes looked exhausted and her knees shook a tad bit. As Chaeyoung turned her head, her semi round eyes met Mina's and suddenly the latter's breath was caught at her throat. She stepped back, unaware of the close proximity. "Sorry.." Chaeyoung murmured, pointing her head down as soon as Mina looked away.

They both pushed away from each other and entered yet another state of awkward silence. Chaeyoung glanced up at Mina several times but she would look back down as if she was afraid to stare. The latter noticed but she was too busy contemplating about whether or not she should start a conversation.

"Unnie, this is unnecessary." A familiar voice rang on the other side of the door, the clarity muffled due to the obstacle standing in front of whomever was speaking.

"Shhh! I think it's very much necessary." Another retaliated. "I'm pretty sure Chaeyoung is gonna love this." Soon enough the door to the hospital room had opened and in came two girls, one of them holding a new visitor.

Mina raised an eyebrow, "Is that-?"

"Gucci!" Chaeyoung squealed, rushing towards the cute little animal laying calm in Sana'a arms. Mina glanced up at Tzuyu whom only chuckled and shrugged.

Sana somehow pushed Tzuyu into allowing Gucci into the hospital and it took a lot of pleading. If it weren't for Sana's clever puppy eyes then Tzuyu would've been able to keep the little dog home. However, it was also worth it considering Chaeyoung was smiling from ear to ear. As if she was problem free.

Chaeyoung and Sana busied themselves with Gucci whilst the other two in the room went on to talk about whatever came to mind. Tzuyu let out a sigh, leaning defeatedly into the chair. "It's crazy how she's able to smile through everything." She started, her eyes softening at the sight of Chaeyoung goofily teasing Gucci.

Mina followed her gaze and did the same, "I wonder the same." Her voice was merely a whisper that it took a while for Tzuyu to properly process what she said.

The younger of the two, Tzuyu, turned her attention to Mina, "You know, it's been a while since I've seen someone so invested in someone else." Tzuyu mumbled, her sentence was cautious but Mina knew what she really meant

It's been a while since I've seen someone fall in love with someone that isn't their soulmate. Is what Tzuyu must've wanted to say. Mina glanced at the younger girl and saw how her eyes seemed avoidant, which basically confirmed her suspicions. Mina couldn't blame her though. "It's surprising to myself as well." Mina muttered, her heart dropping.

Tzuyu chuckled lowly, "You saw through me didn't you?" Her question was a surprise considering Mina wasn't really expecting Tzuyu to find out what she had really meant. The older girl nodded silently, as if hiding the small lump in her throat. Tzuyu only glanced at her though nothing left her parted lips so she chose to keep quiet.

Silence. That's all there was. Silence.

~

"Chaeyoung-" Tzuyu's back was turned to the older girl, her hands shaking as it held tightly onto the rim of the chair.

"It's good news for me-"