CHAPTER FOUR!

CHAPTER FOUR,
TURNING OUT.

"MMM" THE HANDLER MOANED AS LILA BLURTED OUT, "You want me to protect Five?"

She watched as her mother shoved down the maple syrup pancakes in her mouth.

"Isn't that complicated, I thought we was going after him. now you wanna save him?" rick commented before taking a sip of his orange juice.

"It's not that complicated, honey." the handler mumbled with a mouth full of pancakes.

"if anyone deserves to die, it's him." lila resent, looking over toward rick, "and your boy-toy, parker."

"that's true, but..." the handler agreed before lila continued rambling on.

"he's the most wanted man in the Commission, now you want me to protect him?" lila tried convincing herself of her mother request.

"That's correct."

"this is crazy, I been on this stupid mission for about a year and now we halting again? to empathize this prick..." rick grunted.

"ricky have a point, after everything he's done to you? he's the reason you got demoted." lila comments, playing in her hair.

"we shouldn't spare him, I'm willing to kill five and parker if comes down to it..." rick contradicted himself.

"ahh, so you haven't caught feelings? yet." lila teased.

"nope, parker is way to predictable, all he thinks about is five this, five that..." rick complained. "If he seen five right now, he'd run to him first chance he get."

"that's why they're both worth more to me alive." the handler moans, eating another pancake. "if you want to kill somebody, why don't you kill diego?"

"no." lila deadpanned.

"you sure? I think it'll make you feel better."

"nah."

"oh, so hassling me when you've caught feeling for the stubborn hothead?" rick teased.

"No, so shut up," lila punched him in his arm.

"suit yourselves..." the handler shrugs.

"pass me more syrup, will you?" the handler asked. lila passed the syrup to her and she poured the syrup on her pancake.

"mmm." the handler moaned.

"mm, I ran into some trouble at the asylum,
during the escape." lila pointed out.

"ahh, I think I ran into some trouble, too." rick agreed.

"I bet, but these three blond guys. total cowboys."

"they're here already?" the handler question, feeling blindsided.

"what, you know those freaks?"

"commission muscle. triplets. like huey, dewey, and louie, only a little more meshugahs." the handler explains to her kids.

"you sent them?"

"of course I did."

"why? they nearly killed me."

"well, they have to make it look good. right? otherwise, people might suspect that we're working together." the handler reasoned.

"so they know we're on the job?"

"it's all a performance. look, if they wanted you dead, you would've been long gone by now, little ones."

"you need to stop calling us that."